Ahmed Elmohamady

Supervillan78

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-aston-villa-target-ahmed-6443206

Linked with Ahmed Elmohamady...

Steve Bruce is ready to let Ahmed Elmohamady leave for the Premier League.

Leicester, Swansea, Everton and Aston Villa will fight to sign Hull’s £5million-rated winger when the January transfer window opens up.

The Egypt international is keen to make a quick return to the top flight following City’s relegation last May, and a source confirmed: ”The player is expected to leave Hull in January.

“Several offers have been received from Premier League clubs who are interested in Ahmed because of his experience, and he prefers to continue his English journey.”

And Tigers boss Bruce, preparing for a trip to Cardiff on Tuesday, confirmed: “I won’t stand in his way. Elmo is in the final year of his contract with us, and the last thing we would want is to lose him on a free next summer.

Ideally, we want him to stay for longer and we intend to talk to him about signing a new long-term deal. And, while he is here, he’s got to knuckle down and respect the contract he has got with us.

“He is just one of several players we’ve got who are desperate to play in the Premier League, and why wouldn’t they be? I want to manage in the Premier League.

“But you have got to accept that we’ve been relegated and, together, it’s up to us to put that right.”

Hull need to stay in contention for a first-time promotion back to the big time to have any chance of holding on to Elmohamady, who makes his 101st consecutive league start for the Tigers on Tuesday night.

He's not the best and not the worst.  Rating someone at £5m doesn't mean he'd cost that.  If he did cost that then it wouldn't be great business, but as an international winger in his prime with Premier League experience it wouldn't be a disaster.  He's probably better than Bacuna and he'd be backup to Gil & Traore plus IINM I think he can play a variety of positions.  I think the reactions in here so far have been on the very harsh side.  He might be better than you think.

Agree with BOF. I'm surprised to see people saying we don't need anyone in his position. I've mostly seen him playing as a right wing-back, which certainly is a position we need strengthening in if we're going to play three at the back, because I'm going right off Bacuna. He's not the world's greatest, but he'd be an improvement in my opinion. 

Â