Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was talking to some Derby fans in a pub in North Yorkshire somewhere on the way to Sunderland, think they said sheff we'd had charged them £42, Boro was charging them £35

The bad news is we're going to be category A every game, anyone thinking they'll have a laugh doing cheap new away grounds, it's not going to happen :(

add to that leeds and ipswich who charge high prices too. there will be cheaper away games as a whole but there will be some that are around 40 quid as well. 

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Of all these rivalries I've witnessed from afar, the most notably crazy thing is how desperately and obsessively the grocery bags seem to hate us. I don't get that one. It seems disproportionate -- the hatred. Sadly, all my English cousins are baggies and they're laughing it up right about now.

very obsessed.

On 06/01/2016 at 20:18, supernova26 said:

I haven't watched a Championship match in my life and aren't about to start now, I just don't do lower league football I find it clinically depressing.

So we had better stay up!

You won't be watching Villa for a mighty long time then. FWIW the promotion season under GT was proper good. I mean really good, only problem is Garde can't do what GT did as football is not like it was then. No committe overseen by fuckwits told GT who he could and couldn't have  in his squad

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep. That's it. Nothing about going to games. If you totally stop following the club once we go down, then you're not a fan. Simple as that.

I stopped my season ticket when we appointed Mcleish. Will never renew until Lerner has gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KHV said:

You won't be watching Villa for a mighty long time then. FWIW the promotion season under GT was proper good. I mean really good, only problem is Garde can't do what GT did as football is not like it was then. No committe overseen by fuckwits told GT who he could and couldn't have  in his squad

do i not like that.

Every Midlands team must be laughing their head off at our plight, you wouldn't expect any different. 

Is there any reason why we can't PSG, Bayern, Man City, Celtic that league though? All we have to do is make sure we have the best players...we'll be a big pull down there.

The manager is not so important as long as he's just competent. Celtic win the league with any random mug they have in charge. 

Randy's desire to get us back up will be paramount, we can't do it on the cheap.

People mention Leeds etc but they were in dire financial shiit. Not sure what happened with QPR?

Edited by supernova26

30 minutes ago, KHV said:

The thing is, it's easy to take pot-shots at the committee paradigm, but there's not a single big club in the country that isn't using some kind of committee system, even if it's not called that. There's so much money involved, and the scouting systems alone are so complex and huge, no manager alive could possibly keep eyes on every aspect of the recruitment process. Managers have to have help. Obviously, there's a question of degree in all this, and Villa's committee frankly didn't seem to do a good job, but a good committee with a good manager could work really well.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, KHV said:

Can you give me the lottery numbers too?

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Baggies fans are that hell bent and obsessed with seeing us go down that they wouldn't even notice or care if they imploded and came down with us.

Them and SHA have always been more interested in us than their own clubs - it really is quite sad as well. Aren't Coventry supposed to be like that as well?

Can you give me the lottery numbers too?
Baggies fans are that hell bent and obsessed with seeing us go down that they wouldn't even notice or care if they imploded and came down with us.
Them and SHA have always been more interested in us than their own clubs - it really is quite sad as well. Aren't Coventry supposed to be like that as well?

Yep, Cov are just as bad, laughable really.

With regards to Albion I was never aware of the extent of their hatred until they started finishing above us. I always used to want them to do well but constant goading and piss taking would make you dislike anyone. Enjoyed the two wins over them last season.

• Like 1

On the rivalries, I think a fair few of us including myself, might get to see the strangest one side "rivalry" of them all if Coventry come up, the Leicester one is weird because none of us really care and they do but based on going to gigs there and seeing cov bands like the enemy them lot really are a bit special

What games are you all looking forward to next season? Personally for one strange reason I'm looking forward to Huddersfield and should they be promoted gillingham . I'm also looking forward to the FA cup where we'd be a potential banana skin for someone like Middlesbrough or Derby 

I'm looking forward to all of them personally. I'm looking forward to the next game, and the one after that, as though it were the first.

I accept some people may feel differently. I think those people should cool off a bit. Maybe take the rest of the season off.

• Like 3

Not coming from the Midlands I wasn't even aware of anything until I saw something about it on here. I mean, they're really just a nothing club to me.

Coming from the midlands they are an absolute nothing club to me too...

Coventrys hatred of us is so one sided it crazy, I get the feeling they aren't far off what blues fans think of us

Relegating them in 2001 was a very funny day indeed...shame it's gone near enough full circle as they look likely to be promoted to the championship so we'll probably be playing them next season...no doubt that mug with the banner "we'll be back" will be there, yes mate but I'm sure you meant the prem.

What games are you all looking forward to next season? Personally for one strange reason I'm looking forward to Huddersfield and should they be promoted gillingham . I'm also looking forward to the FA cup where we'd be a potential banana skin for someone like Middlesbrough or Derby 

I'm looking forward to all of them personally. I'm looking forward to the next game, and the one after that, as though it were the first.

I accept some people may feel differently. I think those people should cool off a bit. Maybe take the rest of the season off.

I took the first year of Lambert off to recover after ginger bollocks, I think if we had stayed up I'd be saying the same about next season, step back and get the itch back rather than the chore that it currently feels like

I think the championship will bring a huge amount of intrigue in me, genuinely more interested in what the crack is than I have been in years of PL football

Â