Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

You want us to spend £18m on a striker when we are about to go down?

Why would a player like that want to come here?

Newcastle and Bournemouth are both right likely to go down or have a good chance of it but they are at least attempting to make signings to stay up. We may have practically no points, but I hate the mentality to just give up and hope the players we have no will be okay for the championship. 

You say that, one of those isn't even in the relegation zone. They have a realistic chance. Both struggle to put the ball in the net, so they're attempting to correct that. All the money in the world won't sign us. We're gone.

It's not "giving up" as such as facing facts and being realistic. Moving on.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You say that, one of those isn't even in the relegation zone. They have a realistic chance. Both struggle to put the ball in the net, so they're attempting to correct that. All the money in the world won't sign us. We're gone.

It's not "giving up" as such as facing facts and being realistic. Moving on.

I understand your point, but maybe I don't want to accept relegation till it's certain. I just feel like we should be doing a lot more than just hoping something will suddenly click when it likely wont. We clearly need some quality injected into our side. It maybe just take a couple new players or a whole new squad, but we won't find out by doing nothing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

I understand your point, but maybe I don't want to accept relegation till it's certain. I just feel like we should be doing a lot more than just hoping something will suddenly click when it likely wont. We clearly need some quality injected into our side. It maybe just take a couple new players or a whole new squad, but we won't find out by doing nothing. 

I agree with you entirely czechlad

I'll support AVFC till I die whatever happens

But, for the next foreseeable future I'll be spending my free time and energy on getting my golf handicap down

i may just write "Randy Lerner" on my Golf balls and hit the F***ers as hard as I can

31 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Do I consider myself a true fan? Never thought about it. I've given up enough time and money over the years which I have now stopped completely.

I can take the rough with the smooth SGC. I have no issue with losing football games. I have no issue with us being less talented.

What I do have an issue with, which has been a huge influence on the standard of football, is a complete lack of desire and heart on the field. We're not, 90% of the time even competing. Which is unforgiveable really. Every now and again for 10 mins or so we decide we can be arsed and give it a go. But it's nowhere near enough.

So am I a true fan? I don't know. I don't care really tbh whether I am or not. Right now I'm not even sure it's possible to support a sports team that doesn't compete.

Give me 11 players fighting for 90 minutes and my support will increase. I don't believe I'm asking for an awful lot there.

You reminded me a little of this article, which might find this amusing, but I gotta warn you that it could send you over the edge! ;)

My football club made me miserable, so I started supporting another team
We can change wives, jobs and religions, so why do we have to stay loyal to football clubs we started supporting as children?

I'm really looking forward to Championship football actually just because it's a change of scenery from the usual relegation battling shit.

Of course if we don't do well next season that opinion will quickly change.

41 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm really looking forward to Championship football actually just because it's a change of scenery from the usual relegation battling shit.

How much would you look forward to League One? ;)

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

How much would you look forward to League One? ;)

Well I wouldn't of course but then again I don't for one second believe that's at all likely.

I don't look forward to the prospect of years in the Championship though which obviously is a possibility.

There's 54 points to play for.

We've been in this league from day 1 - if that has taught me anything, it's that anything can and always does happen in the second half of the season.

Keep the faith until the letter R is stamped next to us on the table.

Scrap all this about start building now for the championship, pay a load of mercenaries a fat wedge to come and have a crack at keeping us up. Fight it till the end.

Never give up.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

There's 54 points to play for.

We've been in this league from day 1 - if that has taught me anything, it's that anything can and always does happen in the second half of the season.

Keep the faith until the letter R is stamped next to us on the table.

Scrap all this about start building now for the championship, pay a load of mercenaries a fat wedge to come and have a crack at keeping us up. Fight it till the end.

Never give up.

That's the spirit. I'll share a foxhole with you. You can put me on speed dial if you ever in an "Alamo" type situation as well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

The home games wont be fun, probably be averaging 25k. All those empty seats at Villa Park wont be fun. Be interesting to see if we get big crowds with the likes of blose and wolves games

Considering how well we've done against lower league opposition in the cups over the last few years, my hopes (should the pattern of results and performances remain unaltered and we go down) for a speedy return aren't all that high.

The only benefit and I hope this does happen. We start winning games at HOME. Since MON left our record at Villa Park has been abysmal. hopefully championship football will get the side in the habit of making Villa Park a fortress again, so if we came up its not as pressurised as it has been for years. Also it would be nice to win games 3-4 in a row which we havent done in years

Â