Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I can't think of too many teams who went down and a lack of effort wasnt an issue. 

Give 100% over a season and you're probably at least half way there.

No coincidence that fat sam is telling players they're no longer required and our captain raises his concerns regards effort.

Jenas had a column on eurosport this morning saying exactly this, because in a post season review for when QPR got relegated they realized that they were bottom of all of the distance covered/sprints done etc stats. Not sure where we currently stand in this regard, I'd guess the sprints are on the low side. 

1 minute ago, villakram said:

Jenas had a column on eurosport this morning saying exactly this, because in a post season review for when QPR got relegated they realized that they were bottom of all of the distance covered/sprints done etc stats. Not sure where we currently stand in this regard, I'd guess the sprints are on the low side. 

Without doubt there's times in football where quality wins.

However, a lot of it, is about who wants it more. 

8 hours ago, John said:

I think we need to set individual attainable goals. We should go for Sunderland first who could be only a point ahead of us on Saturday night. We can then turn to getting above Newcastle and if we can do that we could then try to get above one other club whose form drops between now and the end of the season. 19th seems a realistic target, 18th will prove tougher and 17th does seem to be beyond us but I would really love to see Villa look like they are really up for trying to get out of the bottom 3 rather than more than willing to accept relegation at the half way point of this sorry season without a proper fight.  

I think that is all well and good John......but it's like organising a purchasing budget and you haven't even got a job.

there are fundamental playing problems that need addressing before we get in to the business of even looking at points.

Just to highlight one......we seem oblivious to defending the far post. It's so fundamental it's too ridiculous for words.......I see it week in week out.

10 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I completely agree that it's hard.   But I don't want to rage that the players don't show the bottle for a fight and act just as feckless as they, at their worst.  

When they give up it pisses me off.  I just want to hold myself to that same standard.  Not giving up my dream and passion that Villa score and win every single match  

I'm not stupid enough to think that my positive thinking has some mystical spiritual purpose. I just don't want to have the same lack of determination and grit that I loathe in players.  

I understand the logic.

However, the only thing I loathe more than them not trying is the fact they get away Scott free with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Without doubt there's times in football where quality wins.

However, a lot of it, is about who wants it more. 

We have gone way past ability in the what's gone wrong stakes.

we are lower than a snakes belly.

every player is looking at someone else to bail them out.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

We have gone way past ability in the what's gone wrong stakes.

we are lower than a snakes belly.

every player is looking at someone else to bail them out.

This... Remi should have proverbially shot few of them and started off well with Gresford, and was provided with a number of easy sacrificial lambs with Richardson and Gabby. But when Richardson gets back in the team... and Sinclair can't beat fooking Robbie Brady in a sprint. I know it's a professional organization but there is simply no fear of any repercussions from these players... depressing. Roll on '16/'17.

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I understand the logic.

However, the only thing I loathe more than them not trying is the fact they get away Scott free with it.

Agreed.  I'm not advocating blind approval of whatever they do.  In my mind that would be the same "giving up" I don't want to tolerate in them, or in myself.

I mean how many people can say they work for an organisation that when you think about how it's run from top to bottom you wonder how it survives?

I know I do and I'm sure a lot of public sector will agree.

However, despite struggles, it doesn't fall to pieces. Because you have people doing the graft who have a bit of personal passion and pride and give their all to the cause. And for me anything else from any individual is unforgiveable.

Yeah we all have bad days and days where we cba and want to point the finger at others but for the vast majority of the time we just crack on.

I truly believe that if we had players who took responsibility for the job they are being paid to do then we would be nowhere near where we are now.

Jordan ayew couldn't trap a ball when he came here. Looked awful. He's certainly not a top player. But he's without doubt our best player by a mile atm, simply because he tries.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I mean how many people can say they work for an organisation that when you think about how it's run from top to bottom you wonder how it survives?

I know I do and I'm sure a lot of public sector will agree.

However, despite struggles, it doesn't fall to pieces. Because you have people doing the graft who have a bit of personal passion and pride and give their all to the cause. And for me anything else from any individual is unforgiveable.

Yeah we all have bad days and days where we cba and want to point the finger at others but for the vast majority of the time we just crack on.

I truly believe that if we had players who took responsibility for the job they are being paid to do then we would be nowhere near where we are now.

Jordan ayew couldn't trap a ball when he came here. Looked awful. He's certainly not a top player. But he's without doubt our best player by a mile atm, simply because he tries.

I was eating some toast earlier and while I wasn't sure initially that I could eat four slices and have them all before my tea went cold, I gave it a good go. And that's what has to happen in any meal. People need to believe that they can achieve their goals, and they need to do it within the time allowed. I know it's true and I'm sure a lot of people who eat brown toast will agree.

Micah Richards used to be a right back, but he has changed his game before the end of his career and now is a centre back, simply because he believed that he could

So I think that's a worthwhile and meaningful comparison to make

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

I was eating some toast earlier and while I wasn't sure initially that I could eat four slices and have them all before my tea went cold, I gave it a good go. And that's what has to happen in any meal. People need to believe that they can achieve their goals, and they need to do it within the time allowed. I know it's true and I'm sure a lot of people who eat brown toast will agree.

Micah Richards used to be a right back, but he has changed his game before the end of his career and now is a centre back, simply because he believed that he could

So I think that's a worthwhile and meaningful comparison to make

More example that the footballing world won't compare footballers to the real world, unless it suits them of course. 

For example, I question why a pro footballer can't build his own self belief - well Woodytom you're being unrealistic as these are human beings after all.

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Big Sam is doing such a fantastic job at the minute, we were desperately unlucky to miss out on him.

Don't worry - he'll have Sunderland back to winning ways very soon...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sunderland are hopeless, dont know why the media think they have a chance because they have Defoe

his scoring record is very average

He's better than Gabby and always has been.

Â