Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Newcastle have West Brom away next.

Swansea got Palace away.

Bournmouth got Arsenal away.

Chelsea are having Man Utd away.

Sunderland got Liverpool "cmon agent Benteke lol'.

Could we reduce the gap by three points?

A very good chance to do that Monday. I know weve said it against Watford and Newcastle. But if we win this it might be our biggest win in the recent years.

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Could have been so much better. Great opportunities to really push for 3 points in the last 2 games. 

Everton kept pushing forward, made attacking subs and were rewarded. 

We couldnt afford to lose. We need to take momentum with us to the next two games.

Everton are playing freely. They arent in our position. We dont know the taste of a win. We are just being able to come back to games.

While saying that I think Garde not putting Adama last week in the last 15 minutes was a mistake.

6 minutes ago, andym said:

but we did push, both last week and today.

unfortunately we haven't got enough goalscorers in the team to take advantage of the chances we do create

I think we were playing well and on top. I think we could have gambled a little bit and tried to get that all important win. 

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

We couldnt afford to lose. We need to take momentum with us to the next two games.

Everton are playing freely. They arent in our position. We dont know the taste of a win. We are just being able to come back to games.

While saying that I think Garde not putting Adama last week in the last 15 minutes was a mistake.

I keep hearing we can't afford to lose. I'm not sure we can afford to draw in games where we have a real chance of winning. Because I don't think that's going to be a regular scenario.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I keep hearing we can't afford to lose. I'm not sure we can afford to draw in games where we have a real chance of winning. Because I don't think that's going to be a regular scenario.

I dont think any change would have made a difference at this game. West ham were closing areas. Last game I agree with you. Traore would clearly have made a difference.

I dont think we have the mentality to gamble in the last couple of minutes yet. You could see the fear of players losing the ball in the injury team. Had we gambled more i think we would have lost. We only had 2 midfielders when Traore came.

Veretout is developing to a real threat. A goal might do him only good.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Last time I looked we're playing top of league Leicester and Palace who are amazing away from home in our next 7.

We were going to beat both of them. Those were two games with Swansea which had us were we are now.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We can beat them both. We're going to have to beat some tough opponents at some point if we're to survive.

Yeah that's true but tbf I look at Swansea away, Norwich home and away, Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle at home as all games we need to win although we're running out of those even now.

I'd group Palace and Leicester in the Watford category, games that looked good on paper to win in August but once you play them you see why they're so high in the table.

Draws at best.

We probably won't win seven in a row. But as individual matches they're all winnable games and so I'll be hopeful going into each one, and I expect us to get a points haul and perhaps find ourselves outside the relegation zone once they've been played.

Does anyone actually think we are capable of survival?  If we need 40 points to stay up then we are going to require 32 points from our final 20 games, 1.6 points per game (currently averaging 0.4 points per game) which is basically Champions League qualification form from this point onwards.  Ain't gonna happen. 

• Like 1

We're playing at maximum capacity at the moment and at least we have a steady team now. As much as we don't look like winning, we don't look like losing either. A steely determination.

I have to say there is an improvement, our best performance all season in fact today. it's just a pity that comparison is akin be to comparing which of my Xmas turds smells the best, at the end of the day it's all still shit.  

Problem for Garde is, I don't see headers from Gestede and Ayew doing the odd bit of magic being enough. We need slightly more which leaves him with a dilemma. 

Edited by supernova26

Â