Pre-Match Thread

ismail-villa

yes they have Bolasie (to run into dead ends according to my palace mate)

Interestingly he was left out of their opening game of the season, the win at Norwich. Strange considering Pardew apparently values him at 20m.

Zaha's there though. Last season they were the team we robbed points off of I thought. Their wingers were all over us in that 0-0. I remember being happy with that at the time.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start to be honest, he has played very well in his two cameo's so far and I think Veretout needs a game against Notts County instead. Would also be happy to see Westwood a bit more advanced, or Gana given more free license. 

Sinclair, Gestede, Grealish,

Westwood, Sanchez, Gueye

Amavi, Clark, Richards, Bacuna

Guzman

Troare for Sinclair

Gil for Westwood

Kozak for Gestede

2-0 win for us.

I'd have no complaints with that. Expect Gabby to start front and centre again, especially with us being away from home. Toss up between Ayew and Sinclair, but think Ayew might get the nod. Veretout sitting this one out seems logical though, due partly to his match fitness and partly due to Sanchez being well suited to the typical away team/underdog setup.

Ayew and Veretout need a couple off games on the bench. I expect Gabby to have his usual place in the starting line up. Maybe it will be one of the five games he shows up in.

Lawro on the BBC (about Palace): "If they are going to be the team myself and a lot of other people think they will be and finish in the top half of the league this season, then this is a game they need to win."

With my claret and blue glasses on, I would say exactly the same thing about us (maybe changing "think" to "hope") - Palace are a decent side and so it'll be a difficult game, and I can understand why we're underdogs given the recent history of the side, but we should definitely be targeting 3 points from this.

• Like 2

yes they have Bolasie (to run into dead ends according to my palace mate)

Interestingly he was left out of their opening game of the season, the win at Norwich. Strange considering Pardew apparently values him at 20m.

Zaha's there though. Last season they were the team we robbed points off of I thought. Their wingers were all over us in that 0-0. I remember being happy with that at the time.

Yeah they have a few pacey threats no doubt, Puncheon as well, maybe even Sako if he features. We actually managed to beat them 1-0 last season despite being outplayed by all accounts, they lacked a CF who could stick the ball away.

They murdered us last season at their place but the final ball from Bolassie and Zaha was shit 99% of the time. Their home form isn't great and I think we have the better players. It would be fantastic to get a win as we have some more winnable games following it up.

Westwood, Sanchez, Gueye

Guzman

Troare for Sinclair

Gil for Westwood

Kozak for Gestede

2-0 win for us.

That's pretty much what I'd go for as well

I'd drop Guzman... B)

Westwood, Sanchez, Gueye

Guzman

Troare for Sinclair

Gil for Westwood

Kozak for Gestede

2-0 win for us.

That's pretty much what I'd go for as well

I'll be surprised if that's not it. I guess it depends on how they are getting on in training. 

I'll not be predicting the subs or the score though! Let's just turn up and see what happens from that.