Pre-Match Thread

ismail-villa

Am I right in saying Palace's home form isn't anything to write home about since Pardew took  over. I certainly remember that spell when they seemed to want rid of us by losing at home to WBA and Hull within a week....

With all the pace they like playing away from home more although I thought they did do pretty well v Arsenal and Cabaye's nous on the ball will help them in home games.

• Like 1

Am I right in saying Palace's home form isn't anything to write home about since Pardew took  over. I certainly remember that spell when they seemed to want rid of us by losing at home to WBA and Hull within a week....

They had 10 home games last season after Pardew took over.  Won 4, Drew 1, Lost 5.  So whilst not particularly impressive, they did manage to beat Spurs, Man City & Swansea (+ QPR).  Not so hot against Everton, Arsenal, West Brom, Hull and United.

They are very much a solid mid-table side at the moment, will win roughly as many as they lose this season I reckon. They have won more points on the road than at home under Pardew, which is unusual, but as others have said is down to having lots of pace in the side to counter attack.

Chance for us to show we have more about us this season by going there and at least matching them, I'd be happy with a point.

One thing Sherwood has done is make my weeks much longer. Now I can't wait for each game to come around as soon as the last one has finished. The working week seems interminably long. Jesus Saturday come on already.

This is so much for me as well. Can't remember the last time I felt this way. Every night feels like Christmas **** eve.

This is also one of those clubs who; by quirk of fate; I happen to know a disproportionate amount of fans of in this country. For such a relatively obscure club, off the top of my head I know 5 Irish Crystal Palace fans. Which I'm going to estimate is probably all of them.  It also makes the result 'of more interest' to me than the normal matches, as there may be some 'top bantz' to come afterwards.

Yeah, one of my best mates is a Palace fan. English though, so he must be the other one then BOF. ;)

Disproportionate importance to me and him this one. months of michael taking on the line here.

It's gonna be a draw isn't it.

• Like 1

I think we will lose but it won't be a total embarrassment. This is a very good Palace side and they represent yet another club that has moved ahead of us since MON's departure. I think we will struggle with their pace and create very little of our own.

2-0 to them.

I don't know any Palace fans, I don't think I've ever met one, I can't even think of a celebrity Palace fan. I've been to Selhurst Park with the Villa and they weren't there - for a bunch who make a wonderful noise at home games, they live very quiet lives.

Imagine us only with loads more relegations and financial mismanagement. Yeah, they're quiet but only coz the noise has been beaten out of them!! Yes they have Cabaye, yes they have Bolasie (to run into dead ends according to my palace mate) but come on now. It's only Palace. They have Dann aswell. And their first choice keeper is out.

Will take a draw for certain. Palace have had a good summer though and I think their attack will be too much for us. Just depends whether our attack can get into them..

Hoping to see Gestede and Traore play big parts. Grealish will make the bench, don't think Gil will.

I have a feeling that Sherwood is going to stick to the 4-4-2.  Not sure if Gil is going to play, but this is what I'd like to see out of that formation.  If we're going to play long ball again in the first half, Gestede is a must that way a quicker striker doesn't waste all of his runs.  Only thing I'd maybe change is Grealish on the right (does that ever happen?), because I'm not sure Traore will get thrown in straight away. (and for the love of God, no more Ayew on the wings!)

CMy6fKiUYAAWebC.png