Fantasy Football 2015/6

Junxs

I talk in here as if I actually know what I'm doing.

I'm doing absolutely shite this season so whatever you do, nobody listen to me.

I think this version is very difficult to come back from a bad start.

Yep, mainly because people's teams tend to converge into the same thing.

My team is almost exactly the same as the guy 2nd in my league now. Not deliberately, we've just all picked up the same players along the way. The difference is he had an unbelievable start and I had a crap one so I'm probably never going to catch him unless I gamble one someone and they come good.

It's been a weird season though. It's the first one I can remember where money doesn't really matter very much.

I reckon you could have unlimited funds and you still wouldn't be doing great. in fact you'd probably be doing worse because you wouldn't have put people like Vardy and Mahrez in.

Yep I've sold him already now because he's only going to drop in value.  I haven't made the Aguero purchase yet though.

I dropped him this morning too, would have preferred to wait until after the international games but needed to avoid the price fall.

How quickly do people think Aguero will be match sharp and scoring? I kinda feel it will take him a few games to find form and he might not be worth picking up until December.

It usually takes Aguero 2 or 3 weeks to return to full scoring form after an injury layoff. The question, though, is if you're prepared to wait for him to start scoring, given that he'll rise by 0.2 or 0.3 in price before then. 

Yeah Payet is gone for me. I'm looking to drop Ayew as well. Think he has gone off the boil recently just as Swansea have.

On another note, Are price drops and raises actually based on anything concrete or are they just at the whim of the people who run the game?

Price drops are based on a formula which is a 'secret', but people can and do predict them with some accuracy. A useful website:

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

• Like 1

Yep I've sold him already now because he's only going to drop in value.  I haven't made the Aguero purchase yet though.

I dropped him this morning too, would have preferred to wait until after the international games but needed to avoid the price fall.

How quickly do people think Aguero will be match sharp and scoring? I kinda feel it will take him a few games to find form and he might not be worth picking up until December.

It usually takes Aguero 2 or 3 weeks to return to full scoring form after an injury layoff. The question, though, is if you're prepared to wait for him to start scoring, given that he'll rise by 0.2 or 0.3 in price before then. 

If he wasn't so expensive to begin with I would probably get him as soon as he comes back, but to have £13m worth of player getting minimal points whilst getting match sharp again might not be worth it. I can get two form players for that amount the way this season is going and I'd rather have that for a few weeks and lose out on the price rise.

• 2 weeks later...

Average for me. Still working my way up my office league.

Any fantasies of a huge comeback victory are evaporating. Nice to see my gamble on getting Aguero back in worked though.

Still, Aguero scored, Vardy my captain scored, Mahrez got an assist, Alderweireld scored... yet I still only got an average score :(

9 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Been playing this for for 3 seasons and I still don't know how the bench works ? What does leaving points on your bench even mean ?

You pick your first 11 from your squad of 15.  4 players don't get used.  Those 4 may score points that you don't benefit from.  That's what we call 'leaving points on the bench'. 

As for how the bench works.

• If your starting keeper doesn't play, then the sub keeper comes in for him if your sub keeper played that week.
  • If any of your starting outfield players didn't play that week, then the outfield subs will be brought on in the order of left to right (1st 2nd 3rd).  The exception to this is if bringing on a sub makes it an invalid formation, in which case the next sub to the right will come on instead.

So arrange your subs in the order you'd like to see them coming on, otherwise you're much more likely to 'leave points on the bench'.

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I am getting the impression that bench players actually come into play though ?

The bench players only come into play when someone from you starting 11 didn't play for his team.

Brumerican -

If one of your starters doesn't play, the first player on your bench 'comes off the bench' and you get his points. The same if two or more don't play. However, your bench players cannot replace someone if that would create an illegal formation. For example, 2-5-3 is not a legal formation, so if you select three defenders and one doesn't play, plus neither on your bench play, then a midfielder or forward will not 'come off your bench'. 

This season, they have added a new facility called 'chips'. With one chip, called 'bench boost', the points of all of your bench are counted for that week and that week only.