Fantasy Football 2015/6

Junxs

Knocked out of the cup by one fudgin' point. 77 v 76 :rant:  A solitary Sunderland goal, even in a heavy defeat would've seen me through, but noooooo, Moreno had to keep a clean sheet.

It's just a side competition to the main one.  A straight knockout between the top million or so people, whittling its way down to a final two teams on the final gameweek. AFAIK.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's just a side competition to the main one.  A straight knockout between the top million or so people, whittling its way down to a final two teams on the final gameweek. AFAIK.

So nothing to do with the league then? Just simply pairing two people against each other and whoever scores the most points that gameweek goes through?

• Like 1

I forgot to take the captaincy off De Bruyne for the latest gameweek :( poor decision, as both Ozil and Lukaku did well. Somehow, I'm still top of my work league.

I've just used my January transfer wildcard. I wonder how many teams will look identical after everyone's used them.

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I forgot to take the captaincy off De Bruyne for the latest gameweek :( poor decision, as both Ozil and Lukaku did well. Somehow, I'm still top of my work league.

I've just used my January transfer wildcard. I wonder how many teams will look identical after everyone's used them.

You do realise that your "January wildcard" this season was actually your "Any time from Gameweeks 20 thru 38 wildcard" yeah?  The first and second halves of the season have a wildcard each.

As for teams looking identical.  They pretty much already do, given that the best fantasy players are easy to afford this season.

As for me.  This week I had the luxury of just finally replacing my non-playing sub keeper with a playing sub keeper :)

I didn't realise that no BOF! I don't remember there being two wild cards in previous seasons, though there probably was, and my mate said you get a new one in January so I assumed it'd be a January do-dah. I'm not fussed though, I've had a list of transfers that I've been waiting to do (doing one each week for ages) so I'm glad to just get them all done tbh.

Had two free transfers so I brought in Zouma and Willian for next week. Was tempted by Fabregas but I'll see how it goes with him. Same with Costa.

I think I'll wait until the transfer window is shut to play the wildcard.

Currently rolling with:

Butland

Alderweireld Zouma Sagna

Willian Ozil De Bruyne Mahrez

Ighalo Kane Lukaku

Yeah I got 41 and still moved up about 10,000 places in the game.  Damage limitation.  I've used my wildcard because after doing some hypothetical jiggery-pokery on my squad I managed to settle on some considerable improvements that I know I wouldn't be able to afford if I waited even half a week.

Vardy is out for a couple of weeks too.

Luckily I managed to upgrade my team over christmas so that my subs are actually points scorers now. So I should be able to hold onto Vardy for a bit to see if he gets good again without too much damage

Well considering Vardy is about to have surgery and will definitely miss 2 games (1 a cup game), I do hope people hang on to him, although I suspect he'll get a red icon in the game soon enough so people will spot it a mile away.  FWIW yes he's one of the ones I ditched.  I kept Mahrez though.  He's still good value at that price and with Vardy gone, I expect Mahrez will take up some more goalscoring opportunities.  If people sell Mahrez and then want to bring him back in, they're going to have to sacrifice to do that.

Vardy goes this week for me. Vardy for Ighalo the obvious switch, I may make a different choice. My problem is that I'm in third place in my mini-league, 35 points behind the leader, and with a very similar team to those above me. I highlighted my different players in blue:

1st

Butland - Courtois

Cresswell - Moreno - Simpson - Alderweireld - Dawson

Arnautovic - Mahrez - De Bruyne - Ozil - Deulofeu

Ighalo - Lukaku - Kane

2nd

Cech - Hennessey

Van Dijk - Bellerin - Moreno - Kolarov - Johnson

Barkley - Mahrez - De Bruyne - Ozil - Stanislas

Vardy - Kane - Lukaku

Me

Butland - Hennessey

Dawson - Simpson - Moreno - Alderweireld - Delaney

Walcott - De Bruyne - Mahrez - Ozil - Mane

Vardy - Kane - Lukaku

These three differentials don't exactly fill me with confidence. Feel a bit stuck to be honest. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

De Bruyne not pulling up trees at the moment so I didn't go with him.  Too much money for hit and miss who will share points with Yaya, Silva & Sterling.  Payet came back for West Ham and with Arnautovic I made enough money to drop Coutinho & Ramsey to bring Aguero in for Vardy.  My wildcard is still active but basically I've replaced Ramsey, Coutinho, Barkley & Vardy with Arnautovic, Payet, Willian & Aguero.