Fulham

DoubtGin

Hmm. Gil's passing has been very neat and competent but i don't yrt see him as the man to carve out match winning opportuinities or change the momentum of a game.

Except for when he carved out a match winner in the FA Cup and changed the momentum with his assist for Okore's goal against Chelsea.

• Like 2

Sherwood says he wants to get rid of the losing mentality our players have. i know it was only a practice match but losing to a piss poor Fulham is hardly a great way to go about it

No Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Gueye, Delph, Benteke, Sanchez or Grealish so who gives a toss?...

All of those players would probably start at Bournemouth as things stand. The teams that went out tonight are so far removed from our first choice that I just couldn't see any point really other than fitness.

The games against Wolves and Forest should be the only ones to even discuss meaningfulness to the new season to be honest. 

• Like 1

Sherwood says he wants to get rid of the losing mentality our players have. i know it was only a practice match but losing to a piss poor Fulham is hardly a great way to go about it

First friendly of the season with players probably at 70% fitness and many missing. Chill.

Just got back from the game.....

Lost 3-1

Played two halves with different teams....first half 1-1

Second half they scored twice their second was a very good goal from their point of view.

I think they are ahead of us in terms of fitness.....even though it's early days we still show no signs of a winning mentality, I'm sure that is going to take some time.

There were plenty of Villa fans there and one told me about the Delph news....a few fans were singing to Benteke to stay....think the sangres lager was taking over.

It was a training session and that has to be remembered.....but the same old traits of getting caught in possession of the ball was all too prevalent.

Ah well, just move on.

Ps the crowd was c1500

Pps thought cissoko was awful

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Positives: Kojak back and scoring, and Gil back in consideration. Two players like having decent new signings. Cool, who cares about losing.

Losing does matter even in a game of tiddlywinks .....winning becomes infectious as does losing.
  • Like 1

How long has it been since the players were on holiday? I'm sure some of them are still sweating out the booze. ;)

Gil was by far the best, but Robinson and Mason also looked decent in the first half. N'Zogbia shouldn't be allowed to play football and Micah looked a bit out of place at CB.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the second half because it was beautiful outside and couldn't justify staying in the house to watch any longer.

I really don't care if we lost, DELPHY IS STAYING! :cheers:

These games are all about getting fitness back and that is the prime objective.

I'll bet if you asked Tim if he wanted to win it he would say.....I want to win every game....even five a side.

I have witnessed fans raising mitigation on losing European games, citing the league as more important.

My point is.....don' t be depressed on the result, the game is what folk say it is......but equally don't fall in to the trap of thinking winning is a selective thing.

If we want to progress as a football club.....winning has to be a prerequisite.

Ps I'll bet if had of won, fans would be taking something from it......can't have it both ways.