Losers

StefanAVFC

I believe there is some truth to this winning mentality thing, but I just can't see any real answer to it than start winning!

Trying to sign proven winners, who have been winning lately, is not going to work since they don't want to come here right now. We have to win first to attract them.

Having said that one or two experienced tough players would be good to have. I'd like them to be CB's.

Andy Gray was a winner.....and he was a winner at an early age.

It's in the players DNA

We need to do more research in to who we are buying.

Shankly used to say it's not just the player, it's also the character.

I agree with that, however I seriously doubt if a winner wants to come to us at the moment?

You can still be a winner playing in losing team.....because you can' t do it all on your own.

They are out there, we need to find them and blend them in to a unit.....it then rubs off and they all sing off the same hymn sheet.

I believe there is some truth to this winning mentality thing, but I just can't see any real answer to it than start winning!

Trying to sign proven winners, who have been winning lately, is not going to work since they don't want to come here right now. We have to win first to attract them.

Having said that one or two experienced tough players would be good to have. I'd like them to be CB's.

Andy Gray was a winner.....and he was a winner at an early age.

It's in the players DNA

We need to do more research in to who we are buying.

Shankly used to say it's not just the player, it's also the character.

I agree with that, however I seriously doubt if a winner wants to come to us at the moment?

You can still be a winner playing in losing team.....because you can' t do it all on your own.

They are out there, we need to find them and blend them in to a unit.....it then rubs off and they all sing off the same hymn sheet.

They need to be so strong that the others start singing their tune, not the other way around. I suppose that's my worry.

But like I said, I agree we need them, hopefully Tim finds some, I think he is looking for that quality.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 06/06/2015 at 22:39, AVTuco said:

They need to be so strong that the others start singing their tune, not the other way around. I suppose that's my worry.

But like I said, I agree we need them, hopefully Tim finds some, I think he is looking for that quality.

You'd be hard pressed to find another post on VT that aged as badly as this one

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, useless said:

Now our fans have to stop being a bunch of losers, willing Martinez to leave with constant talk of his departue, this and that player too good for us, not letting go of former players, worse than small heath with Bellingham, being scared to replace players in the starting eleven that aren't good enough for top six, caring more about other teams failing than us doing well.

The fans, just mirror the performances and results.

most say what they see.....as hard as it is at times.....even the podcasters are clearly struggling to be positive.

We all know, that a team like ours, can't win every game.....but thats not the issue, when we lose, its hard to see the fight in us and when we do, it has a short shelf life....we are flimsy in defeat.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

You'd be hard pressed to find another post on VT that aged as badly as this one

I can't see much wrong in that post tbf mate. You don't think we needed mentally strong winners back then? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I can't see much wrong in that post tbf mate. You don't think we needed mentally strong winners back then? 

Funnily enough had we signed Jonny Evans and Darren Fletcher who both went to The boggies (for £3million) instead of Lescott and Richards I think we would have stayed up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I made a comment about crypto being a cesspool but an FTX stadium sponsorship being ok. Less than a week later they collapsed in a Madhoff-style Ponzi that cost investors tens of billions.

Also, DM me for financial advice. It's a paid group but I promise you much profits and happiness.

I made a post once about how Doug Ellis was killing the club and that the model we needed to adopt was the Leeds one under Peter Risdale. I may have called Risdale a visionary at one point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

With the likes of flabby Gabby, Bacuna and Sinclair in the team? Not like we were short on winners in our squad 

I'm sorry, but Bacuna had CL aspirations at that time. 

What's he up to these days? 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

We all know, that a team like ours, can't win every game.

I don't think you do.

If you don't like the manager, you moan incessantly every time we don't win.

If you like the manager, you attack the players and say they aren't good enough.

2 hours ago, VBM said:

I made a post once about how Doug Ellis was killing the club and that the model we needed to adopt was the Leeds one under Peter Risdale. I may have called Risdale a visionary at one point. 

I like this one, because it's clear you've been carrying this burden for about a quarter of a century at this point. 

• Like 1

Â