Losers

StefanAVFC

We were losers under MON because we didn't achieve what we should have.

We were comfortably 3rd with not long of the season to go and we threw it away because we didn't have the belief that we would actually do it. 

More because we lost the biggest winner we've had in our side since Paul McGrath. You can date our decline to the minute: Laursen's injury.

Fwiw I agree that the world isn't divided into winners and losers, but Laursen was a very special player to have, and not just because he could defend.

I think its fair to say it was a milestone....never replaced that calibre of commanding centre Half

I'd say aspiring to be like Swansea City, is indicative of a losing mentality.

On the contrary, a small club achieving what they have in terms of league position, has been a small wonder, also factoring in how many managers they have had.

• Like 1

On the contrary, a small club achieving what they have in terms of league position, has been a small wonder, also factoring in how many managers they have had.

Just because a team are over achieving by their standards doesn't mean they're a team to be aspired to. Swansea are as good as they'll ever be, we should be aiming for higher and better.

Edited by useless

Just because a team are over achieving by their standards doesn't mean they're a team to be aspired to. Swansea are as good as they'll ever be, we should be aiming for higher and better.

Based on what exactly? In modern day football are we 'on average' better than a top 8 finish with the odd minor trophy thrown in there? Not really.

Don't think its a losing mentality in the club at all, we just don't have good enough players. Benteke, Delph and Grealish are the best players at the club, but 3 players can't carry  a whole team. There's too many championsship quality players in our team atm and we need an overhaul.

• Like 1

Based on what exactly? In modern day football are we 'on average' better than a top 8 finish with the odd minor trophy thrown in there? Not really.

Swansea have hit their glass ceiling. We've been better and should be aiming to be just as good again. Even if we don't get there we stand a better chance of having some relative success trying.

We've won the European Cup ;)

Swansea have hit their glass ceiling. We've been better and should be aiming to be just as good again. Even if we don't get there we stand a better chance of having some relative success trying.

But it's half a decade since we've been better and even then it wasn't that much better and we nearly went bust being slightly better.

The fact that we are still recovering from that shows that we were trying to punch way way way above our weight.

Swansea don't break the bank and they sell their best players and they are achieving pretty much what we did in a more competitive top half. So Im not sure we have been better tbh when you take everything into account.

Historically we've been better. I don't think a team like Aston Villa or any other team, becomes winners by aspiring to be a mid-table team. I can't imagine Everton, Tottenham or even Newcastle fans doing such a thing.

Lambert with his framed 6-1 win over Sunderland headline in his office has to be the most small time, used-to-losing thing I've heard of in my 20 years of following Aston Villa. Embarrassing. That and Lerner's letter from SAF that he tucked away in a safety deposit box. 

CRIIIIIINGE

• Like 1

Yeah historically over 30 years ago. No one outside villa park cares just like we don't about other teams history.

Football has evolved. Swansea have adapted to that over the last few years and gone in the right direction from a starting position much worse than us.

We on the other hand have adapted appallingly wasting millions after millions in the process.

• Like 2

It's a mentality thing, I remember Gary Neville saying on a Monday night football on sky that we are too nice, almost push overs.

I didn't hear it but I agree with it....I think it is glaring.

Â