The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Getting tired of the division right now, how most are constantly differentiating from each other in order to win support. Same goes for Labour hierarchy also goes for likes of Owen Jones. The need for a unifier is so so great. We did not get it with Starmer, and whoever comes in next must do it. Laughed at idea of Barry Gardiner being that sort of candidate but Labour and the country need someone who unifies, more than ever. 

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Getting tired of the division right now, how most are constantly differentiating from each other in order to win support. Same goes for Labour hierarchy also goes for likes of Owen Jones. The need for a unifier is so so great. We did not get it with Starmer, and whoever comes in next must do it. Laughed at idea of Barry Gardiner being that sort of candidate but Labour and the country need someone who unifies, more than ever. 

I agree but it won’t happen. Labour really does need to split

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Could they have found a weaker way to frame this?

Feel like a lot of people are going to instinctively sympathise with a guy who 'saved one of his mates', sounds like something a good mate would do.

That really is shit

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Could they have found a weaker way to frame this?

Feel like a lot of people are going to instinctively sympathise with a guy who 'saved one of his mates', sounds like something a good mate would do.

I assume that these are specific locally targeted type jobbers?  That is to say they will be tailored to whichever local Tory in a seat did the naughty vote?  I guess that the MPs on all sides have seen the storm of anger at this, and so Labour is using that fact that people are already livid and just naming the guilty person in each area with these twits.  Ultimately, though, twits from the Labour accounts are probably only seen by people who follow whichever labour MP’s Twitter anyway. - so preaching to the converted, really.

No better time than now for Labour to join with the other opposition parties and field one candidate in Paterson's seat, and win it.

They won't though, and although opposition parties will get enough votes altogether, the Tories will still win.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

No better time than now for Labour to join with the other opposition parties and field one candidate in Paterson's seat, and win it.

In that seat the Tory majority is humongous (23,000/40%), so the last bit “and win it” seems a little bit unlikely, but it’s a nice idea. Also Labour came a distant second, so they won’t be the ones instigating any cooperation. Also Labour doesn’t (sadly) cooperate with other parties and has that as a voted on policy (the numpties).

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

In that seat the Tory majority is humongous (23,000/40%), so the last bit “and win it” seems a little bit unlikely, but it’s a nice idea. 

That was before all of this nonsense to be fair.

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Also Labour came a distant second, so they won’t be the ones instigating any cooperation.

The idea is coming from the Lib Dems/Greens.

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Also Labour doesn’t (sadly) cooperate with other parties and has that as a voted on policy (the numpties).

Spunktrumpets who'll never be in power again.

• Like 2

They need a Martin Bell type figure. No strong political back story, someone neutral that will be there to talk incessantly about sleaze and corruption and free holidays and ppe and cash for questions and second homes, and lobbying for your paymasters, and taking three side jobs with a salary more than your MP salary, and jobs for the boys, and moving people to the House of Lords, and block votes without scrutiny…

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

That was before all of this nonsense to be fair.

People are numb to their nonsense after decades and decades of it.  You won't beat them with things they have done in terms of individual sleeze,  you beat them by having a clear and unified message of what you will do and how you are going to do it.

Sleeze,  big in the 80's,  gave the opposition loads of ammunition.  Now,  catapult ammunition at most and is quickly forgotten and the electorate don't seem to care as they are voted in every time.  This is the baseline now.  Sleeze just detracts from the other stuff they do IMO.

So which elected Labour Politician is telling the truth?

Is it Emily Spurrel - Merseyside Police and Crime Commisioner

Or the Labour Riverside MP Kim Johnson

Liverpool Riverside MP Ms Johnson told the House of Commons: "Incidents such as these, while extremely rare, always provoke a spike in race hate and particular in the Muslim community, and my team have been hearing incidents where women wearing the hijab are facing abuse."

BBC

Methinks one of them is making it up as she goes along

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

So which elected Labour Politician is telling the truth?

Is it Emily Spurrel - Merseyside Police and Crime Commisioner

Or the Labour Riverside MP Kim Johnson

BBC

Methinks one of them is making it up as she goes along

To be fair they could both be true. No spike in reports (to the plod) of hate crime, but MP’s staff hearing stories of people being shouted at etc?

I mean I guess a lot of verbal abuse never gets reported to the police?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I mean I guess a lot of verbal abuse never gets reported to the police?

I imagine even less gets reported to an MP that doesn't have a public facing office and hasn't held any surgeries since Sunday

I guess that given that one of the main complaints from a while ago was that he wasn't being forceful or angry enough about all the bad stuff, at least he appears to have fixed that problem. 

Obviously these aren't normal times and this isn't a normal government, but I can't recall a leader of the opposition using that sort of language before.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I guess that given that one of the main complaints from a while ago was that he wasn't being forceful or angry enough about all the bad stuff, at least he appears to have fixed that problem. 

Obviously these aren't normal times and this isn't a normal government, but I can't recall a leader of the opposition using that sort of language before.

Amusingly, the advice he's getting from the politics-knowers in the media is that he absolutely shouldn't:

Â