The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Isnt liverpool a labour city? Swear they hate the tories

City's dependent on certain industries where work was sparodic and dangerous tend to be left wing because they were treated badly by employers and owners. Their working-class populations built strong communities and a sense of solidarity, which translated into their political allegiances. As a result miners and dockers historically have a greater sense of collectivism, than other towns and cities.

https://www.northbeckton.newham.sch.uk/_site/data/files/curriculum/1CF1C135D73BE8251F47A47603A1DA70.pdf

Every day up to 3,000 men arrived at the docks
hoping to get a few hours’ work unloading the
ships that arrived in the docks from all over the
world.
A man called a ‘ganger’ was in charge of choosing
who would work on the docks that day. He had a
certain number of tokens to give out.

They may be reduced to folk memories now but the stories of injustices get passed on to every new generation, and voting for any other party than Labour would seem like a betrayal.

Just had some knob attending the conference in my car.

At the end of the journey. “Have a good night and join a Union”

So I called him back to inform him that the Union that supposedly represents me is single-handedly trying to kill my industry and reduce workers pay

Dickhead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Just had some knob attending the conference in my car.

At the end of the journey. “Have a good night and join a Union”

So I called him back to inform him that the Union that supposedly represents me is single-handedly trying to kill my industry and reduce workers pay

Dickhead.

Im part of unison and i had a issue at work which they just wernt helpful at all. They are as helpful as a spoon at a gun fight.

Cancelled my membership absolutely. Quick enough to take your money when happy to leave you when you have a problem

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im part of unison and i had a issue at work which they just wernt helpful at all. They are as helpful as a spoon as a gun fight.

Cancelled my membership absolutely. Quick enough to take your money when happy to leave you when you have a problem

The missus had similar issues with Unison, when her then supervisor was attempting to bully her. Utterly, useless. She ended up gathering the evidence herself and proving her case without any assistance. Meanwhile it kept happening to others who were too scared to do anything. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The missus had similar issues with Unison, when her then supervisor was attempting to bully her. Utterly, useless. She ended up gathering the evidence herself and proving her case without any assistance. Meanwhile it kept happening to others who were too scared to do anything. 

i cant speak on behealf of your wife, but when when you have your "reps" who also work at the trust and know the management what chance do you have.

All you have to do is go on trust pilot and see unisons reviews. They are **** awful

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They're setting up a commission to go after all the lost money from Covid PPE fraud and such like - I'm in favour

That should be a positive for voters. Absolute disgrace that Rishi refused to investigate. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They're setting up a commission to go after all the lost money from Covid PPE fraud and such like - I'm in favour

Sounds good in theory but can it be retrieved? I highly doubt it tbh

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You would expect as a minimum, we would pursue the millions with the same vigour we pursue the tens, hundreds, and thousands.

A commission would be a good thing.

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds good in theory but can it be retrieved? I highly doubt it tbh

To be honest, even if they could just exposed the flaws in the system and make sure it doesn’t happen again that would be a good start. The sheer corruption of the last 5/10 years has just been unbearable and we need to get confidence back into politics.

Now they're going to ensure that ministers must fly on normal airlines if they are available, and not on private jets. I'm sensing a pattern - policies based on all the things that have irked us about the tories lately... still, I agree!

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

To be honest, even if they could just exposed the flaws in the system and make sure it doesn’t happen again that would be a good start. The sheer corruption of the last 5/10 years has just been unbearable and we need to get confidence back into politics.

Agree with that. Im hoping big punishments for those responsible bit i dont have any faith in any of the political parties to have the power to do anything like that.

The corruption at the moment is at a all time high

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree with that. Im hoping big punishments for those responsible bit i dont have any faith in any of the political parties to have the power to do anything like that.

The corruption at the moment is at a all time high

Governments most definitely do have the power to do something. It is the will that this current government lacks. 

• Like 1

Â