The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep, Corbyn would stall and we would probably be bombed. Talking about scraping trident while this is all going on is absolute madness. We have to be able to defend ourselves if someone comes at us

What are you on about?

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep, Corbyn would stall and we would probably be bombed. Talking about scraping trident while this is all going on is absolute madness. We have to be able to defend ourselves if someone comes at us

:crylaugh:

You want to Nuke ISIS?

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Ken Livingston given the task of defence review for the Labour party including Trident ....can't even begin to guess what the anti-nuclear campaigner views are on Trident  ....should be a fun few weeks with him and Maria Eagle ....

I don't think his views being anti trident are any more relevant than whatever tory does the tory defence review being pro trident is - i.e. someone's views on trident (for or against) doesn't disqualify them from co-chairing a review.

Suspect it's more to do with Corbyn trying to "manage" the outcome by having someone he trusts on the review committee, as Eagles is pro trident. Politicians of all parties "manage" outcomes all the time. But as Labour won't get elected with Corbyn as leader, it matters not a jot.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The man is utterly unelectable and I say that as a lifetime Labour voter.

I won't be voting for him or the party next time around.

The man is totally electable and I say that as someone who hasn't voted Labour for 20 plus years

I will be voting for him and the party next time around

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This nuclear deterrent has worked so well recently

nuclear deterrent is pretty piss-weak against the terrorism we are facing and are likely to face in the future. Be it lone wolf or these terrorist cells, not one of those **** are going to think "hey up lads, they've got a missile on a sub"  and rein it in.

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

This nuclear deterrent has so well recently

It prevented the 9/11 attacks

It prevented the 7/7 attacks

It prevented the recent Paris attacks.

errr ..... I'm not really sure what it's meant to be preventing? The ruskies dropping a nuke on us? Korea?

But ... We're DOOOOMED without it!!

Bizarre. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

The man is totally electable and I say that as someone who hasn't voted Labour for 20 plus years

Aye. If he continues in this vein, and sticks to his principles, then maybe. Toss up between Jez or Green. TBH Green ticks all the right boxes for me, and Jez still has the problem of the rest of the Blairites to contend with, so we'll see. But he's started well ....

32 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think his views being anti trident are any more relevant than whatever tory does the tory defence review being pro trident is - i.e. someone's views on trident (for or against) doesn't disqualify them from co-chairing a review.

Suspect it's more to do with Corbyn trying to "manage" the outcome by having someone he trusts on the review committee, as Eagles is pro trident. Politicians of all parties "manage" outcomes all the time. But as Labour won't get elected with Corbyn as leader, it matters not a jot.

To paraphrase your very own recent words  this is the Labour thread , so what the Tories would do is not relevant and thus you should post them in the Tory thread ... so as it stands this is nothing other than " Ahhh but "

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

yes but thankfully the sane ones amongst us don't share your view  but I look forward to 2020 so you can no longer claim to not be a Labour voter :P

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

To paraphrase your very own recent words  this is the Labour thread , so what the Tories would do is not relevant and thus you should post them in the Tory thread ... so as it stands this is nothing other than " Ahhh but "

last time, I left out criticism of the other party and you had a go at me, so I include it, this time and you have a go. Can't win, I guess. 

Let me phrase what I said another way - Livingstone's views on trident are irrelevant. If the pre-requisite for chairing a review was that you had to have no views, then there would be no-one suitable for any review, That was and is my point. It's far from "ah but"

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

last time, I left out criticism of the other party and you had a go at me, so I include it, this time and you have a go. Can't win, I guess. 

Last time I commented that your example was very myopic and got told "in the tory thread there's not much point of generally saying my views on the labour party. That's off topic for this thread. "

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy rather than having a go ;)

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yes but thankfully the sane ones amongst us don't share your view  but I look forward to 2020 so you can no longer claim to not be a Labour voter :P

Actually I posted it more to prove that whilst there are some that share Trent's view there are also others that have the exact opposite view. So whilst some people may not vote Labour who previously have there are also lots of others who may now do so for the first time in decades.

Personally whilst I am leaning towards what I posted I'm also pretty much still on the fence atop which I've sat for some considerable time and when it comes down to it, I'll be choosing between Green and Labour but I'll need to read manifestos first

yep, similar situation here

Currently a bit of a 3 way split, Plaid / Labour / No vote

I'll decide based on policies closer to the actual day, rather than making my mind up already! I like to give everyone a fair chance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

yep, similar situation here

Currently a bit of a 3 way split, Plaid / Labour / No vote

I'll decide based on policies closer to the actual day, rather than making my mind up already! I like to give everyone a fair chance.

apart from the Tory bloke  :)

Â