Weekends football 25/26 April

andykeenan

It depends. If you think football is all about winning, then I suppose he's great. I don't. Football is entertainment and in the floweriest sense possible, I watch for the beauty in it. Mourinho* is everything I hate about modern football. He's cynical, and he sees the world in simple terms: win or lose, profit or loss. I oppose everything he stands for.

*When I say Mourinho, I mean the character 'Mourinho' that is presented to us. I refuse to believe that the man behind the mask is so joyless.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Mourinho really is a destroyer of football

I didnt watch the game but the scoreline doesn't surprise me one bit. Started the season so attacking and fun to watch but like always with Jose, as soon as he has something to protect he goes super defensive and its a load of crap for the fans.

Not great for neutrals but the idea that it Mourinho's tactics are against the spirit of football is wrong. Football is a sport. The aim of sport is to be superior to your competitors. Superiority in football is gauged by success and results, nothing more.

• Like 1

Just seen quote from BBC on Twitter, in response to the chants "boring, boring Chelsea" José said " not winning the title for 10 years is boring".

Not really correct though is it. Its disappointing, but not necessarily boring.

• Like 1

Not great for neutrals but the idea that it Mourinho's tactics are against the spirit of football is wrong. Football is a sport. The aim of sport is to be superior to your competitors. Superiority in football is gauged by success and results, nothing more.

very true but its frustrating that he has some entertaining players like Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Cuadrado etc. who are nearly always shackled in big games. 

Maybe and im sure it wont happen but they have been toothless in big Champions League games in recent seasons that he might change his approach next season

The insistence that the be all and end all of football is entertaining people rather than securing results continues to annoy me.

Chelsea are playing like this because the only thing stopping them from winning the title is a monumental **** up. They're playing it safe, and why shouldn't they?

'cos its boring for the people who pay their wages :lol:

Its like Villa taking the ball to the corner flag with an hour to go against a non-league side. Shouldn't need to. Same goes for Chelsea, they have enough in their squad to have a bit more of a go.

'cos its boring for the people who pay their wages :lol:

Its like Villa taking the ball to the corner flag with an hour to go against a non-league side. Shouldn't need to. Same goes for Chelsea, they have enough in their squad to have a bit more of a go.

If Villa taking it to the corner flag would secure us the league title then I'd pay for them to do it every week.

Football is about winning. And I bet every Chelsea fan would rather they won the league than were entertained for the last 5 games of the season

Â