Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

What's the hold up for the announcements?

Is there a hold up? It really hasn't been so long.

If a few are being done at the same time, probably doing it at their leisure and doing it properly. Tours around the ground, medicals...PR preparation and a nice glossy finish. Chill winston.

Lescott and 3M for Clark,  would that be a bad deal?

For me, would depend who the young potential CB we brought in was. Clark seriously improved last season, and I think it's hard to call whether he will continue to do so into a top 10 club defender or not. I would certainly think we could find someone who the odds on this happening were better, probably French and called Jordan!

I think we should keep onto Clark and if he doesn't keep improving at least he'll make a good backup. As for Lescott? He's been a pretty good player in the past, but at his current age, no thank you.

Clark for Lescott? No, I hope defence doesn't turn out to be Sherwoods achillies heel because Richards already looks dodgy and Crespo is by no means proven quality. Lescott never impressed me much and I'd much prefer a quality centre back in his prime to play alongside Clark and push Richards to right back.

We're up to page 541 in this topic with a few weeks still to go. Whats the record for a transfer speculation thread on here?

Lescott is pants, was good years ago but not now. Thank god they rejected it. Better CBS out there I think. Shawcross would be a good option

Would love Shawcross here

So what's the breakdown of our transfers in and out? I'm too bone idle to work it out myself :(

Dont wanna guess at the fees and get shot down in flames but currently 7 in,13 out so far. I like a nice list me :)

IN:     Sinclair (Man City-Und), Richards (Man City-free), Bunn (Norwich-free), Gueye (Lille-Und), Amavi (Nice-Und), Ayew (L'orient - Und), Angel Crespo (Cordoba - Und),

OUT: Bent (Derby-free), Sylla (Rennes-Und), Vlaar (free), Given (Stoke-free), Cleverley (loan return), Lowton (Burnley-Und), Weimann (Derby-Und), Stevens (Portsmouth-free),    

Helenius (Aab-free), Luna (Eibar-free), Delph (Man City-£8m), Benteke (Liverpool - £32.5m).

Out of contract: Herd

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 3

Nkoulou is in the last year of his contract and has a current market value of £9.1m (plus hes playing in Ligue 1). Need I say more?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicolas-nkoulou/profil/spieler/60577

Yeah but what's his rating on Fifa?

Dont know but I will also add that hes with the same agency firm as Sanchez and Gay ;-)