Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

What if the 3M received and another 2M from Baker then enables us to get a younger better prospect defender?  SO Young prospect and elderly role model for Clark and Baker

As we appear to be doing in replacement for Benteke ?

We need to replace Vlaar first.

I'd take Lescott, Williams and Nkoulou in for Senderos, Baker and (if we needed the funds) Clark.

What if the 3M received and another 2M from Baker then enables us to get a younger better prospect defender?  SO Young prospect and elderly role model for Clark and Baker

We need to replace Vlaar first.

Think Richards was that

Id be all for Lescott - we don't have an organiser in defence.

If he was such a good organiser, then why would West Brom look to get rid of him?

They probably aren't.

I'd take it!

Whilst Clark looked good in stages last season, he also looked quite bad in others.

Though, I do really rate Clark, but his name isn't Jordan. At least Lescott's name begins with a J. 

Would be happy with Lescott as I think we need someone with his experience.  However, I don't think he is that much better than Clark right now.    If Baker goes out for £2m and we sign Lescott for £2m on a year deal then I would be very happy with that.

Hmm 33 year old who is over the hill with a questionable injury record + 3 mill for a young defender with plenty of improvement

They can **** right off

Edited by AshVilla

May be me I just dont rate Clark or Baker and think we can improve and trust the manager to improve on them too.

Before last season I was Clark's biggest critic. However, he really stepped up last season. I would definitely keep him.

Bravery will only take you so far, but Baker is a truly woeful footballer so I wouldn't be concerned if he were to leave and we used those funds (+ a few more pennies) to get in a recognised CB. Not Lescott though. Past it.