Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Amazed at articles written as recently as today talking about how hopeless we are as a club...idiots.

It's why I said we will be a dark horse team this year and surprise quite a few.  Anyone who can't be bothered to look into the club will see us as losing top players and destined to struggle again.  In reality we are going about things the right way, making clever signings and improving as a team.

Amazed at articles written as recently as today talking about how hopeless we are as a club...idiots.

Where are today's ones? I'd like to read them.

Just for the record guys, It was one week ago today that Richard said it would be "A huge week for the club".  :)

Selling Benteke meant it was always going to be a big week... we had to hit the market hard to strengthen and stop the panic. It's not a hard thing to judge.

• Like 4

Not sure where to ask this but given the new incomings and the players we left go, does anybody have a current squad list with homegrown status? Just curious how much flexibility we have atm?

Off the top of my head we have 
Bunn, steer, baker, Bennett, Clark, Hutton, Richards, Richardson, Cole, Sinclair, Westwood and Gabby

We need 8 homegrown players in our 25 man squad

N'Zogbia and Senderos also count.

So we could sell/omit from the final squad Steer, Baker, Bennett, Richardson, N'Zogbia and Senderos and still be alright.

one linked on villanewsnow

Anyone know what our net spend is this window?

Not sure with these latest player signings but reckon we have circa £20m left to spend yet until we are in deficit? If thats the case could still see another £10m midfielder (Praet/Darder/Ntep/Young/Townsend) and forward (Gestede/Holgate/Austin/Other) yet?

one linked on villanewsnow

In fairness most are bloggers trying to make a name for themselves rather than professional Journo's, its easy to set up an account or join a sport website and spout shite, they are deliberately provocative to pull in the traffic and revenue.

Let's just take a second to imagine what this window would be like under Lambo..

I actually think we'd be making similar sort of signings (provided he was given the same sort of money Sherwood is) but of course the caveat there is that we probably would've gone down under Lambert - that's why I don't feel sorry for him now that we've suddenly started spending a bit of money after years of cutbacks.

• Like 1

Just for the record guys, It was one week ago today that Richard said it would be "A huge week for the club".  :)

Selling Benteke meant it was always going to be a big week... we had to hit the market hard to strengthen and stop the panic. It's not a hard thing to judge.

No but the tekkers deal happened after he said it (although it was in the pipeline). The reason I made the point is because a few people were very quick to shoot him down and even go so far as to say they dont expect anything to happen this week.

So, although I agree it was not too hard a thing to judge, the fact is that it has been a huge week so the doubters were wrong. Just saying...

Let's just take a second to imagine what this window would be like under Lambo..

I actually think we'd be making similar sort of signings (provided he was given the same sort of money Sherwood is) but of course the caveat there is that we probably would've gone down under Lambert - that's why I don't feel sorry for him now that we've suddenly started spending a bit of money after years of cutbacks.
I'm inclined to agree. I think the majority of signings have come out of the scouting network, as opposed to TS's noggin. I don't think we'd be looking at Adebayor but as you say, we'd have probably been relegated anyway.
  • Like 1

I suppose the first thing we should probably do is gear ourselves for a shot at promotion?

Nah - we'd just go again!

Just for the record guys, It was one week ago today that Richard said it would be "A huge week for the club". :)

Twas duly noted earlier and appropriate credz have been delivered accordingly.

That was referring to last week, not this week.

He didnt say This calender week, he said it was going to be a huge week. That is 7 days, he said it on a Tuesday so by my reckoning that takes us up to today.