Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

How vague is "it's a huge week for the club"?

very. ok how about "its not a huge week for the club" ? ie nothing will happen this week?
So you're saying we're definitely signing a player before Saturday? There's only 2 and a half weeks left.

I think it's a huge week. I think we'll make a signing and I think we'll have some surprising news that none of us have speculated on.

If I didn't know better, I'd say these clues are like nystic meg readings that can apply to anyone.

• Like 1

How vague is "it's a huge week for the club"?

very. ok how about "its not a huge week for the club" ? ie nothing will happen this week?
So you're saying we're definitely signing a player before Saturday? There's only 2 and a half weeks left.

I think it's a huge week. I think we'll make a signing and I think we'll have some surprising news that none of us have speculated on.
If I didn't know better, I'd say these clues are like nystic meg readings that can apply to anyone.

Exactly.

I do wonder what people get out of wanting attention from strangers on the internet.

I have quickly flicked back through a few pages and seen the following:

Phibian

Reptile

Surprising news that nobody has speculated on

It's clear who this is referring to. That snake Fibian Wealth has changed his mind and wants to come "home" :detect:

• Like 1

Yes on the basis that we'd have to pay him more.

I dont disagree just trying to establish where he would rank on the complete waste scale

Dont think we'll be signing him though!

Taking everything into account, I struggle to think of a more stupid signing we could make than Drogba. He would take out the most and give the least plus his status would possibly put him closer to the first team than he should be.

• Like 1

Link to Jude Odion Ighalo

Ighalo Refuses To Rule Out Aston Villa Move

Nigeria striker Jude Odion Ighalo might be set for a move away from Watford after it emerged Aston Villa are weighing up a move as replacement for the outgoing Christian Benteke.

Ighalo, 26, has been very impressive since joining Watford on a permanent basis from Udinese, and helped the Hornets return to the Premier League with 20 goals in the Championship last season. He has also scored six goals in four pre-season games for the club ahead of the new season.

And given the imminent departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool, reports from England indicates Villa have identified Ighalo as the perfect replacement.

The striker admitted he could leave Watford if a good offer comes, but insisted he would have to speak to Watford to see if a deal can happen.

“I don’t know if I will stay (with Watford) or not because as a striker when you start doing well and scoring goals you start having offers and some offers are coming in now.

“But I have to speak with Watford and know what they want and see how it goes but the fans here love me and they have made me settle in, as well as my teammates and I will be happy to remain but if not, we’ll see what will happen because we have to have a balance,” he said.

Taking everything into account, I struggle to think of a more stupid signing we could make than Drogba. He would take out the most and give the least plus his status would possibly put him closer to the first team than he should be.

There is a theory that goes the Drogba story has been floated to make Adebayor look more appealing

• Like 1