Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

@maxjacobs2015: Aston villa close to signing darder from Malaga. #avfc

Hope so

Wasn't he adament that delph deal yesterday was bullshit right up until he signed for city?

Don't think so, sure he said about the interest couple days before it hit the papers.

I was wondering why the Dadar link just wouldn't die over the last week considering he's supposed to be a deep lying DM but now we have a vacancy makes sense to sign him and maybe push Gueye up a bit the pitch if he's box-to-box.

Dardar Praet Gueye.

Midfield has been a proble area for us for years. Hopefully with potentially those 3 we will be overrun less and grab us some goals.

Edited by lp_villa830

http://talksport.com/football/malaga-star-snubs-arsenal-and-aston-villa-sign-new-deal-141107123311Very interesting if you imagine that Talksport are actually right for once, Seems we've been after him for a while....

We was first linked with him after he scored against us in friendly at Villa Park, so a fair few years been linked with him a number of times

According to the mirror weve opened talks with adebayor.

If he is motivated, and the team is set up to feed him, then why not.

Now also saying Austin. Who knows. Would prefer austin if not crocked.

Freak it, get em both in. It's all about the service.

Edited by Jareth

It seems the Mirror are edging their bets naming both also a Spurs link for Batshuayi who Sherwood wanted when he was there. Edited by dn1982

What a roller coaster . delph going (down) , Guyue signing (up), Delph staying(massive up) Benteke going( massive down) , Delph Going (massive down after his comments) ,Amavi signing (huge lift) , Adebayor (down)

I know Adebayor is only speculation. But it's one hell of a ride the last 7-8 days.

Edited by limvillian

I'm pretty sure we have an interest in Adebayor but I don't think he will the primary striker target, I think he could end up being the 2nd of two. (assuming Benteke goes)

I also suspect that any move for him will come late in the window as Levy is a difficult man to deal with.

Sherwood's comments make it sound like we'll sign a 'proven' option (presumably Adebayor) coupled with a loanee - Bamford or Wilson being mentioned. I can't say that prospect thrills me.