Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Knee jerk? Have you watched us for the last 5 years?

Unfortunately, Yes!

Then surely you can see its not knee jerk to be unhappy with the current position of the club, mainly thanks to the owner and a few bad managers.

And while palace being in 'another league' is probably an overreaction, its frustrating to see these smaller teams overtake us and become sides we'll struggle to compete with, both on and off the pitch.

Hopefully though the lerner era is close to the end and we can once again look to improving.

I know being negative, and full of self loathing and woe is typical of being a Villa fan, but IF Cabaye goes to Palace, I doubt it's because they are a "league above us".

It could more likely be that, if he's going to play for a team who won't achieve anything (like us), then why not play for a manager he's played for before; and in a much bigger, nicer city that is situated just a short Eurostar train ride away from Paris and Lille.

Yeah, the he biggest draw of Palace is working with Pardew again IMO.

There's that. Also they're probably going to offer more money, the London factor does have some sway too and let's face, over the short term at least, Palace are probably going to be competing higher up the table than us. 

Off topic I know, but I think palace could seriously be a dark horse next year. The other attractions mentioned are all very good reasons Cabeye will, and honestly should, go to Palace, but when it comes to convincing a player he's joining a team with ambition, Palace have a much easier job of that.

I think Palace could easily end up in a relegation battle next season. If you asked me if I'd take finishing one place above them in the league now, I wouldn't take it.

Palace will be in the top 10 for sure next year. Pardew is very underrated to be honest. I'd be surprised if a few teams don't go sniffing around Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon in the Window

If they keep Bolasie and sign Cabeye..

They've got a good manager who had them playing good football and they rocketed up the table as a result.

Their chairman has promised big investment this summer.

I'm probably over estimating them, but they'll have an easier job selling 'we can get into europa' than we can.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Tim Sherwood is eyeing a move for England new boy Jamie Vardy, writes Tom Hopkinson in the Sunday People.

The Aston Villa boss wants to add to his attacking options even if Christian Benteke stays and the 28-year-old Leicester star is on his radar.

The Foxes value Vardy, who made his Three Lions debut in the goalless draw with Ireland last Sunday, at around £15million.

But that won’t deter Sherwood who is planning to put his stamp on his squad in what will be his first transfer window since taking over from Paul Lambert.

Richards is on the brink of joining Sherwood’s side and his arrival is set to spell the end of Matt Lowton’s stay at Villa, with the 26-year-old keen to seal a move to relegated Burnley.

He will complete the switch once Clarets star Kieran Trippier decides whether to join Liverpool or Tottenham

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-jamie-vardy-5878436

• Like 1