Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Can't link it as I'm at work, but one of the Villa pages on Facebook has posted a tweet, saying L'Equipe are linking us to Flo Pogba (Paul's brother). Not had chance to check the validity of the claim.

• Like 1

I really hope we're looking at players such as Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko, both the right age with lots of talent and great top level experience....plus they play in less stable countries.

We need to take a gamble on these sorts of players, especially when their hype has settled, I hope Sherwood understands how to market the club and himself to foreign players, that's an important attribute in the modern manager.

There is no way in hell we could afford Yarmolenko. He's an awesome player but it's not going to happen. If he ever leaves Kiev, it'll be for big bucks to a top team.

• Like 1

I might be on my own here but I kind of hope we sell Benteke for 30mil and reinvest in the squad - we desperately need about 3 or 4 10mil players, because at the moment we've got hardly any players who are worth that kind of money.

I would agree with you if Villa ever showed any sort of coherent transfer policy in buying low and selling high. Unfortunately we never do. We sold James Milner and effectively replaced him with Stephen Ireland (left free) and Darren Bent (left free) for example. I have no confidence that Fox and Sherwood would spend 30 million correctly.

• Like 1

I might be on my own here but I kind of hope we sell Benteke for 30mil and reinvest in the squad - we desperately need about 3 or 4 10mil players, because at the moment we've got hardly any players who are worth that kind of money.

I would agree with you if Villa ever showed any sort of coherent transfer policy in buying low and selling high. Unfortunately we never do. We sold James Milner and effectively replaced him with Stephen Ireland (left free) and Darren Bent (left free) for example. I have no confidence that Fox and Sherwood would spend 30 million correctly.

To be fair, the people behind the wastefulness have largely packed their bags and we have had some decent value for money in recent seasons. Ok it's mainly due to having to pay small transfer fees in the first place and there have been a few cast offs, but from what I've seen from Riley working with Lambert and hopefully Sherwood now too, I'd trust them a bit more to spend well.

• Like 1

Yet both signings were roundly applauded by most Villa fans. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but ultimately the Bent signing helped keep us up so was worth it and no one realised Ireland would turn out as bad as he did. Fox and Sherwood are a different beast and hopefully they'll have a long term plan to grow the club with astute so buys not short term fixes.

Doubt we will sign anyone til whoever is taking over has it all more or less wrapped up, can't see Randy spending now and the new guy isn't gonna spend til it's a certainty that he will be owner.

Doubt we will sign anyone til whoever is taking over has it all more or less wrapped up, can't see Randy spending now and the new guy isn't gonna spend til it's a certainty that he will be owner.

Unless its already factored into the sale price so we can continue to function as a club during transfer window.

With a takeover close (according to the rags) do you think we have a few cheeky bids up our sleeve's? The kits are the same colour, they might not notice.

facebook_jugadors_1000x563.v1413220023.j

------------De Gea--------------

Alves--Hummels-Varane--Bennett

--Pogba--Delph--Khedira--

Sterling----------Bale

---------Benteke---------------

Don't rate sterling, could we buy him and then loan him to UTD to piss off the plop fans?

Sterling----------Bale

Don't rate sterling, could we buy him and then loan him to UTD to piss off the plop fans?

That's just to get us back in contention for top 6, we'd spend about 200m the next year and sell Sterling to Sunderland for £6m

Sterling----------Bale

What no Gil? ;)

On loan to Chelsea mate

• Like 1