Do you have a VHS?

paddy

Do you have a VHS?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a VHS?

• Yes
    • No

And by have one I mean connected to your tv so you can actually use it, not just shoved in the loft.

I reckon if I'd asked this 10 years ago, maybe even 5, then I reckon 90% would say yes, now I reckon it will be a lot lower.

I don't, here I have a DVD recorder and a hard disk thing that can record freeview. Up in Leeds I've got Sky+

Sky+ and a dvd player, cant even see the point ina dvd recorder tbh, rarely do I want to record a TV prog or film forever.

I do have a VHS somewhere in the attic but its probably broken and totally engiulfed in dust

Yes, still have it, still use it as I have loads of old videos and would take forever / cost a fortune to download all the films or get them on dvd. Obviously anything i get now is either downloaded or on dvd.

Bought one about 3 years ago because I was working away and didn't want to miss the Sopranos. I recorded one episode and have never used it since. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't cheap!

It's still under the telly, next to the Sky+ box. I use it for the clock!

I still have a VCR but rarely use it. It's just incase i want to watch anything from my ever deminishing Video collection (i've slowly swaped my VHS for DVD version and currently only hold stuff that isn't available on DVD)

I don't use it for recording either as you can get most stuff off the interweb anyway.

cant even see the point ina dvd recorder tbh, rarely do I want to record a TV prog or film forever.

Re-writable DVDs Bicks, you record on them just like a video, but obviously navigating through them iss a bit easier as you can jump to the start of things you've recorded, delete whole programs, don't have to find a space etc etc.

I've still got one but this thread has made me realise I probably haven't used it for about 2 years but for some reason I still have it sitting under my dvd recorder. I still have the odd thing on tape so until I convert them onto dvd I suppose I'll still keep it but its doubtful I'll ever use it again.

cant even see the point ina dvd recorder tbh, rarely do I want to record a TV prog or film forever.

Re-writable DVDs Bicks, you record on them just like a video, but obviously navigating through them iss a bit easier as you can jump to the start of things you've recorded, delete whole programs, don't have to find a space etc etc.

exactly.

get with the times, gareth! :winkold:

I have both re-writable DVD's and the record only knid. If i know there's a filem etc that i will want to keep i'll use the write once only DVD.

simple, and easier to navigate through as Paddy says than a VHS.

The only thing i hate about modern digital (freeview) broadcasting is that the signal cannot be trusted (especially in my area for ITV/C4 stations). Constantly breaks up for no reason. Not good when burning a once only DVD.

Got onte and still use it. Mostly to record Villa-games when I can't watch them like this seasons opening game when my cousin has decided to get married. Who the f**k gets married when the PL has started? :angry: Plus that I have my favourite Villa Season review on VHS and I still watch that one quite often. :nod:

exactly.

get with the times, gareth! :winkold:

I have both re-writable DVD's and the record only knid. If i know there's a filem etc that i will want to keep i'll use the write once only DVD.

simple, and easier to navigate through as Paddy says than a VHS.

The only thing i hate about modern digital (freeview) broadcasting is that the signal cannot be trusted (especially in my area for ITV/C4 stations). Constantly breaks up for no reason. Not good when burning a once only DVD.

How does this represent an advantage over sky+

Like I said, I rarely want to keep something forever and my sky+ records the progs I want, when I've watched them I delete them.

Not convinced I need one

Â