2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Stop sharing nonsense on twitter. Any idiot can open a fake twitter and post a silly rumour

You hardly have to provide a sperm sample to open a VT account either, ya know !

(I gave one anyway)

Me too. But mine got lost in the post(man).
Oh poor villarule
  • Like 1

Mirror suggesting it isn't the Chinese bid that has been granted exclusivity. The Chinese interest was revealed by Nursery.

Owner Jeremy Peace is continuing to back boss Pulis in the market, despite being in talks with a Chinese consortium about a potential sale of the Midlands club. The wealthy Chinese group have also spoken to West Brom's neighbours and rivals Aston Villa, also up for sale, but owner Randy Lerner has granted a rival party an exclusive period to buy last season's beaten FA Cup finalists.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-plot-demba-ba-5942745

If there's to be no takeover, then right about now, might be the best time for the club to announce it. Whilst everyone is feeling optimistic about Wilkins coming in as a coach.

I suppose if anything this might be more relevant to WBA, if what Nursey says is true but...

' Wang Jianlin, its chairman, told Xinhua News Agency that he expects to announce a major acquisition very soon that would be "good news" for Chinese soccer, without giving further details. '

If there's to be no takeover, then right about now, might be the best time for the club to announce it. Whilst everyone is feeling optimistic about Wilkins coming in as a coach.

Trent made an excellent point in another thread.

Randy gave an interview before the season finished saying that if he doesn't sell the club he will hire a new chairman.

Well, Randy is still the chairman and I dont think its too wild to speculate that talks with a potential new owner are ongoing. Untill Randy hires a new chairman, I believe that a takeover is possible.

• Like 2

If they are indeed the interested party Nursey was indicating i'd suggest it's probably West Brom.

I'm inclined to believe Nursey on this because he was the one that actually broke the chinese interest news first.

I think Wanda has nothing to do with any of the takeovers though but if they do it's most likely West Brom.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 1

Trent made an excellent point in another thread.

Randy gave an interview before the season finished saying that if he doesn't sell the club he will hire a new chairman.

Well, Randy is still the chairman and I dont think its too wild to speculate that talks with a potential new owner are ongoing. Untill Randy hires a new chairman, I believe that a takeover is possible.

Pretty much.

Also a change of such a scale such as hiring a new chairman would be made in a public domain (through the OS for example)

• Like 1

Im not so sure how i feel about the take over any more tbh. 

Now we really seem to be getting the off field positions sorted it will seem a massive shame to uproot it all!

Why would the Wilkins appointment need anyone's approval above Tom Fox's. He's the CEO - and has more than enough authority to authorise such an appointment. 

• Like 4

Why would the Wilkins appointment need anyone's approval above Tom Fox's. He's the CEO - and has more than enough authority to authorise such an appointment. 

yeah the current regime is stupid enough

we don't need more stupid to bring in additional stupid

Edited by VillanousOne

Tom Fox won't be doing anything without Lerner's permission. Plus if we're really to be sold in the coming few weeks there's no chance that Wilkins would join knowing that they might not want him. He must have some indication as to what the future holds for the club, whether it be new owners or Randy staying.

Tom Fox won't be doing anything without Lerner's permission. 

Source?

Isn't the fact that Lerner actually owns the club, not source enough? Fox isn't just going to hire someone like Wilkins without his permission.

No. 

Source?

Isn't the fact that Lerner actually owns the club, not source enough? Fox isn't just going to hire someone like Wilkins without his permission.

No. There will be a budget of course, but I am of the strong belief that Fox has virtual autonomy from there. What Lerner knows about running a football club could fit on a postage stamp and I think he realised that himself a long time ago. 

Edit - I guess it actually depends what you mean by "permission". Obviously he has "permission" but I don't see how that is relevant to the overall point. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Source?

Why do you think so? I can't see why Lerner would care who the assistant manager is. 

EDIT: Obviously he'll care about the guy's wages, and that he isn't some figure who's going to bring bad media attention, but beyond that I don't see why Lerner has any input. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I agree that Fox is probably running the show in terms of decisions. What I'm saying is that I imagine Fox would still need Randy's permission before signing the cheques, if that makes sense.

Â