2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Would rumours of exclusivity really stop someone else enquiring? I'm not so sure. I doubt if someone wanted to buy Villa that they would not make an enquiry because there was rumours of exclusivity in the papers. They would contact Villa with their interest and see what they had to say that's if they've even read the papers or heard any rumours.

• Like 3

Slightly OT but there could be a tenuous link; what news on the Baggies takeover? Thought to all intents and purposes it was a formality but unless I've missed something then they are still in Peace's hands?

Back to the Villa, let's hope we get some positive movement, one thing is for sure, we shouldn't have to wait too much longer for answers.

Media reported exclusivity on 8th June. Reportedly six weeks of exclusivity...

Monday June 8, 2015

8/6/2015

24th Week of 2015

plus 6 weeks is

Monday July 20, 2015

20/7/2015

30th Week of 2015

News by Monday at very very least?

EDIT

Altho I get confused by inclusive or exclusive days... So Monday night be the start of the last week...

Edited by Duck
  • Like 1

Slightly OT but there could be a tenuous link; what news on the Baggies takeover? Thought to all intents and purposes it was a formality but unless I've missed something then they are still in Peace's hands?

Back to the Villa, let's hope we get some positive movement, one thing is for sure, we shouldn't have to wait too much longer for answers.

I haven't seen any news but the downturn/collapse on the Chinese stockmarket will probably throw couple wrenches on the wheels, a lot of business people lost a lot of money on that.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any news but the downturn/collapse on the Chinese stockmarket will probably throw couple wrenches on the wheels, a lot of business people lost a lot of money on that.

Thanks. May have dodged a bullet there then

Media reported exclusivity on 8th June. Reportedly six weeks of exclusivity...

Monday June 8, 2015

8/6/2015

24th Week of 2015

plus 6 weeks is

Monday July 20, 2015

20/7/2015

30th Week of 2015

News by Monday at very very least?

EDIT

Altho I get confused by inclusive or exclusive days... So Monday night be the start of the last week...

No your maths are correct.

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

6 weeks.

• Like 1

Would rumours of exclusivity really stop someone else enquiring? I'm not so sure. I doubt if someone wanted to buy Villa that they would not make an enquiry because there was rumours of exclusivity in the papers. They would contact Villa with their interest and see what they had to say that's if they've even read the papers or heard any rumours.

Not at all, but they would have to join the queue so to speak before any real discussion could take place.

Lerner hired BoA Merrill Lynch to handle the M&A aspect, and you can bet your bottom dollar they will have been working overtime to find any other parties remotely interested in buying the club, they wouldn't just be sitting there waiting the phone to ring.  Not sure if they are also providing other non M&A advice (i.e. re-structure the business, prepare for future sale, retain as a passive investment etc), if they are then it would add an entirely different dimension.

In any case likely they have been retained a small fee and will collect a % of the sale value, so any deal is worth a good few mill to them to see the club sold to somebody..  

Randy said that he'd appoint a Chairman if the sale didn't go through by a certain date. That that hasn't happened yet, with the season so close, might give us some hope that perhaps a deal is still being worked on.

Not at all, but they would have to join the queue so to speak before any real discussion could take place.

Lerner hired BoA Merrill Lynch to handle the M&A aspect, and you can bet your bottom dollar they will have been working overtime to find any other parties remotely interested in buying the club, they wouldn't just be sitting there waiting the phone to ring.  Not sure if they are also providing other non M&A advice (i.e. re-structure the business, prepare for future sale, retain as a passive investment etc), if they are then it would add an entirely different dimension.

In any case likely they have been retained a small fee and will collect a % of the sale value, so any deal is worth a good few mill to them to see the club sold to somebody..

The page break didn't help but my main point was Villa not denying there was an exclusivity period is by no means confirmation that there is/was any exclusivity period.

I keep coming on here hoping to see that this thread has suddenly added 50 pages.  Sadly not yet.  Patience isn't easy with the season looming, but I'm still just about siding with the view that it will happen in the next week or two.

Mind you, as was mentioned a while back - with the way things seem to be being handled these days and the transfer targets / dead-wood being shipped out, I would be less devastated if it doesn't happen.  Really don't want to see too many other clubs getting ahead of us though.

I keep coming on here hoping to see that this thread has suddenly added 50 pages.  Sadly not yet.  Patience isn't easy with the season looming, but I'm still just about siding with the view that it will happen in the next week or two.

Mind you, as was mentioned a while back - with the way things seem to be being handled these days and the transfer targets / dead-wood being shipped out, I would be less devastated if it doesn't happen.  Really don't want to see too many other clubs getting ahead of us though.

Yeah I'm of the same mind, we definitely appear to be in far better shape off the pitch and thankfully have managed to move a good chunk of the dead weight / high earners out already, Shay especially was a good piece of work given his wages and relative value to the squad.  If we can find somebody to take Nzogbia that really would be the icing on the cake!

Be interesting to see if Lerner does step back and appoint a chairman.  Chairman role seems to be abused within football.  Normally a Chairman is very much a non executive position and simply sets a high level strategy, makes senior exec hires, governs the business, and definitely does't get involved day to day in a operational sense, whereas most football chairman are really ceo's taking a very very hands on approach and heavily involved in decision making.

I think for us to have a true chairman who is simply looking at the bigger picture, while letting Fox and co run the business and Sherwood and co the football side could work out really well.

The reality is people looking to buy the club are almost certainly looking to buy a business and to make money in the long run, or use the club as a vehicle (i.e. Abu Dhabi / Etihad with Man City, Thai owners / Leicester), I really doubt there is another Roman Abramovich out there who is willing to throw cash away on a vanity project.  So I'd imagine BoAML, Fox, and Lerner have been looking at a plan B option for him to retain ownership under very different circumstances, i.e. a passive investment.

Revenue should increase this / next year by default thanks to the extra tv money, and if we can grow the non tv revenue 10-20% and invest that all into the team, that would't be a bad future to look forward to.

When you look at the teams around and below us that have done well recently, none have really needed massive external investment, Stoke, Saints, Everton, even West Brom, they've just had well defined plans and been disciplined, made more good than bad signings, while targeting the 'right' types of players / right deals. 

The one club that spent fairly heavily but in an ill disciplined manner and with a clowns in charge, QPR are looking forward to Championship football next season....

If Benteke does leave for 32m, and Lerner / the club invests another 20-25m on players, that's enough to start building a really strong squad, and not really a massive number that Lerner would baulk at, esp. if Fox, Reilly and Sherwood have made a compelling pitch. 

The keeping situation more than any would suggest lack of takeover.

I think people are doing this way too much. Reading into things that probably give no indication whatsoever of an impending takeover.

The keeping situation more than any would suggest lack of takeover.

I think people are doing this way too much. Reading into things that probably give no indication whatsoever of an impending takeover.

Maybe, i know nothing, I think like nearly 100% of this thread I'm thinking out loud.

Â