2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Even if we were to be taken over QIA tonight and UEFA dropped FFP dropped at the same time. We'd still be playing catch up with Man City. So I don't think this Delph news has anything to do with a takeover.

Edited by useless

I'm even more convinced a takeover is imminent now. Delph probably does love the club but there are only so many relegation battles a player can take. Something must be happening for him to stay.

If there is, the chances of it being discussed with players is pretty slim

• Like 1

Also, apparently Randy's back in the UK.

Back to pick up another sack of cash now he's flogged Delph.

epic fail... right there
Don't worry it'll be repeated again throughout the transfer window and beyond if Lerner is still around.

I'd have thought that any prospective new owner would be up to date on all the players and would be looking to keep the best ones - maybe they 'revealed' themselves to Fab and he couldn't resist staying. That or Randy went all pyscho and put a gun to Delph's preggers wife's head.

I'd have thought that any prospective new owner would be up to date on all the players and would be looking to keep the best ones - maybe they 'revealed' themselves to Fab and he couldn't resist staying. That or Randy went all pyscho and put a gun to Delph's preggers wife's head.

50/50, probably.

I'm even more convinced a takeover is imminent now. Delph probably does love the club but there are only so many relegation battles a player can take. Something must be happening for him to stay.

Really don't think Delph staying means there's a takeover happening.

Really don't think Delph staying means there's a takeover happening.

To be honest, with his history and relationship with Lerner it could very well mean the opposite...

• Like 1

If there is, the chances of it being discussed with players is pretty slim

Yep agreed, in fact I'd say non existent, more likely he would have given been reassurances that the club will invest in the squad over the summer.  Anything takeover related would be commercially sensitive, certainly not something you'd discuss with playing staff..

In any case if / when a takeover does happen, who knows what the new owner has planned.  One thing is sure, anything the current owner / management have to say about a prospective new owner is speculative at best.

Even if we were to be taken over QIA tonight and UEFA dropped FFP dropped at the same time. We'd still be playing catch up with Man City. So I don't think this Delph news has anything to do with a takeover.

That's the thing. As much as I want this takeover to happen it won't change much other than likely make players even more unobtainable as clubs start to take the piss. With FFP we can't catch up and without FFP we'd have to outspend Manchester City by a large amount as you know that without FFP they would spend £300 million a season. 

• Like 1

The takeover if it's happening has probably all been settled and finalised, but you don't announce to the world "Hey! We have $22 billion now" in the middle of a transfer window. The second you do that all of our targets go up in price by £10+ million.. So this delay likely isn't bad news, it's likely just getting us one last transfer window before clubs start overcharging us.. 

Â