2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

New MD or a sale I believe we are in better shape than last year to move forward. As I've said I have no problem with Lerner (even though I felt time was right to move on) and should he appoint a good MD or sell to the right person/group either of them are enough for me. I can't see him walking away (whilst still under his ownership) without making a change so good news either way as far as I'm concerned.

It's money in the transfer market we need not restructuring the management. Anything other than a change in ownership would be like rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic. Lerner has no ambition for the club, that is the fundamental problem at Aston Villa.

More revenue = more money to spend.

The days of wealth making the difference are fading, it's about commercial deals/sponsorships even with FFP relaxed.

Even if we do get a new owner they must carry on the work that has been done so far in terms of gaining new revenue otherwise we are back to square one.

• Like 2

At the end of the day, as long as we start spending 30m+ per season (the figure most clubs spend to keep up with the pace of the league) on quality players I couldnt care who owns us.

Edited by simont123
  • Like 1

New MD or a sale I believe we are in better shape than last year to move forward. As I've said I have no problem with Lerner (even though I felt time was right to move on) and should he appoint a good MD or sell to the right person/group either of them are enough for me. I can't see him walking away (whilst still under his ownership) without making a change so good news either way as far as I'm concerned.

Really ?

I think the club is an unholy mess, from top to bottom, and I don't rate those charged with the task of getting us out of such a mess.Make no mistake, no takeover equals another season of struggle. I d be amazed at anything else.

I'm intrigued, what makes the club an unholy mess from top to bottom?

Absent chairman - who wants out

Star Striker - reportedly wants out

Player of season - can walk for a knockdown price

Rookie Manager

Goalkeeping situation

tatty north stand, which no one seems to even have the nous to clean\paint

a group of injury pronce CB'S

No full backs

Sure you will come back and rubbish all those, lets see what September brings.

• Like 1

If I learned anything from Football Manager is that I hope Graham Taylor doesnt buy us 

I sincerely hope he does...he gave me an 81m transfer budget last summer!

Absent chairman - who wants out but has indicated that even if the club doesn't sell, a chairman will be appointed to run it with Fox.

Star Striker - reportedly wants out but not available for less than 32.5m which could be used to improve the squad.

Player of season - can walk for a knockdown price but has recently signed a new contract and reiterated his loyalty.

Rookie Manager who did expectationally to lift the whole place and keep us in the league when all looked lost. 

Goalkeeping situation is healthy due to us having 2 very experienced keepers.

tatty north stand, which no one seems to even have the nous to clean\paint which doesn't detract from Villa Park looking imminence inside

a group of injury pronce CB'S but with a few months left to strengthen 

No full backs if you don't include Hutton, Bacuna, Richardson, Bennett or Richards.

• Like 4

Rookie Manager

Goalkeeping situation

No full backs

Others have already answered this as I would or better, but in terms of your post only the absent chairman is relevant to the thread. Word is that in the absence of a sale he will step down from chairman duties and appoint a new guy along with this new CEO you might have heard about, who has been busy building an infrastructure, so that we are no longer a "mess".

Selling players, buying players, managerial changes, a stand that could probably do with a lick of paint, it's just part and parcel of the game.

We've got more full backs than I think I could name also.

I think without a new owner this season will be better than the last. It would be hard not to be better. With that being the case I'm happy to wait another year before we're taken over, as long as it's slow progression rather than regression.

Have I missed something......where is all the failed takeover / no takeover posts come from.

The 6 weeks isnt up yet, maybe a little patience might go along way..........................

Rookie Manager

Goalkeeping situation

No full backs

You just missed the fact Gil isn't getting game time, then it's game set and match.

Â