2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I doubt anything will get announced this week, If this so called meeting on Wednesday was anything to do with a takeover then I would have thought that Randy himself might be in attendance.

Only villa would enter a period of exclusivity with a potential new owner and come out with just a bit of restructuring and spouting a load of investing in people bullshit.

Not guaranteed but looks like that's the way it's going and whilst it might steady the ship a bit, it's just not going to be enough to compete at a level that is worth getting excited about.

I doubt anything will get announced this week, If this so called meeting on Wednesday was anything to do with a takeover then I would have thought that Randy himself might be in attendance.

Has this meeting actually been confirmed to be happening ?

People say they they dont think we will get taken over why on earth would the club allow ssn to put up on the breaking news bit stating villa had granted exclusivity. If something was a complete lie you would not just allow people to think its true if it complete rubbish. If villa were not dealing with a potential buyer they would of made a statement saying rumours were false there is no way Villa would allow anything completely untrue to be published it just dosnt make sense. I expect a takeover by friday.

My predictions are club sold for 140million and the new owner will be larry ellison. I think delph and Benteke will stay. Villa will due to ffp leniancy build and go forward, great times ahead for us villans UTV.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

I think Fox will know if a consortium are in exclusivity and perhaps their identity but not sure he'd need to know much more than that. Unless they (potential new owners) have made it clear that Fox is part of their plans and they've briefed him.

As CEO of a global company that was for sale when he was hired, there's a good chance he's on a small %age commission of any sale.

I wouldn't mind 1-2% of £150m though!

I made that point on here when he arrived when people were asking why he'd leave Arsenal for us. I'm not trying to argue what he does or doesn't know, because I haven't got a clue, lol, it was just a passing thought.

People say they they dont think we will get taken over why on earth would the club allow ssn to put up on the breaking news bit stating villa had granted exclusivity. If something was a complete lie you would not just allow people to think its true if it complete rubbish. If villa were not dealing with a potential buyer they would of made a statement saying rumours were false there is no way Villa would allow anything completely untrue to be published it just dosnt make sense. I expect a takeover by friday.

My predictions are club sold for 140million and the new owner will be larry ellison. I think delph and Benteke will stay. Villa will due to ffp leniancy build and go forward, great times ahead for us villans UTV.

So much wrong with this post

• Like 1

Given how frequently it has been mentioned that we have granted exclusivity if we have not we should really have denied that we have because the rumour might well have put off potential buyers.

I really hope that our custodian has already found a suitable replacement for both him and us but the situation looks increasingly like last summer and nothing may be happening behind the scenes on a sale after all     

• Like 1

New MD or a sale I believe we are in better shape than last year to move forward. As I've said I have no problem with Lerner (even though I felt time was right to move on) and should he appoint a good MD or sell to the right person/group either of them are enough for me. I can't see him walking away (whilst still under his ownership) without making a change so good news either way as far as I'm concerned.

It does make me wonder that the club didn't deny the exclusivity stories because of the positive affect it might have on season ticket sales. I know some might say that the reports might have deterred other bidders from bidding, but I'm not sure if it works like that. I mean if you're a multi-billionaire, I don't think your not going to make an enquiry just because of a story in the Daily Telegraph.

Might also explain Collymore and Taylor's recent tweets, trying to put a positive spin on things. Don't they both work for the club?

Whatever happens, I just hope that if the club isn't sold it isn't simply just brushed underneath the carpet without any comment from the club. If the club is possibly taken off the market they should let the fans know. It seems we're heading towards Plan B with Lerner possibly appointing a new man on top. It'll be interesting to see how that all develops. 

Only villa would enter a period of exclusivity with a potential new owner and come out with just a bit of restructuring and spouting a load of investing in people bullshit.

Not guaranteed but looks like that's the way it's going and whilst it might steady the ship a bit, it's just not going to be enough to compete at a level that is worth getting excited about.

Especially when you have the baggies being taken over by Dalian wanda of all people

Right kick in the balls

Especially when you have the baggies being taken over by Dalian wanda of all people

Right kick in the balls

Thought it was revealed that it wasn't actually Dalian Wanda. And I might be wrong on this as well but they only went to WBA because Lerner went ahead with someone else

No group has been granted exclusivity. Two group's have put bid's in, American one being the front-runner but neither have been granted exclusivity and both have done preliminary due diligence. Can't see the takeover being completed before the end of the month at the very least.

• Like 3

No group has been granted exclusivity. Two group's have put bid's in, American one being the front-runner but neither have been granted exclusivity and both have done preliminary due diligence. Can't see the takeover being completed before the end of the month at the very least.

Like i said, expect an announcement on the 20th [emoji6]
  • Like 1

Â