2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Imagine if lerner, having decided to sell, has just passed up on one of the richest people in the world and sent him straight to our now hated neighbours. Would you put it past him when he hired our last arch rivals manager after he had just managed to get them relegated? I'm sure some at the time thought he knew what he was doing, turns out he didn't though did he. Imagine if by September we have no new owner, no benteke,delph or vlaar and the bsggies are owned by a world power! Surely Lerner isn't going to do that.is he? And before anyone cites the money we are spending Alan Nixon has already said he believed it's coming from the same of some of the current squad!

Ok Imagine we sold Delph and Benteke for £40m+ then invested that in 5/6 new quality players. I'd say we'd be better off. And as for Albion you can't polish a turd.

One think I don't understand is say if we don't get sold and look for a new chairman. What exactly will this new chairman be doing that Fox isn't doing already?

I'd say it's more just for those fans that moan Lerner doesn't attend games. They'd have someone to moan at if things don't go well. May aswell give it Doug!!
Is there any football Chairmen that don't own at least some share (usually majority) of the club they run?

Unless it means Lerner will accept some investment if he can't sell this time around, the plan B of getting a chairman in does seem like a strange one.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Imagine if lerner, having decided to sell, has just passed up on one of the richest people in the world and sent him straight to our now hated neighbours. Would you put it past him when he hired our last arch rivals manager after he had just managed to get them relegated? I'm sure some at the time thought he knew what he was doing, turns out he didn't though did he. Imagine if by September we have no new owner, no benteke,delph or vlaar and the bsggies are owned by a world power! Surely Lerner isn't going to do that.is he? And before anyone cites the money we are spending Alan Nixon has already said he believed it's coming from the same of some of the current squad!

You do realise that it won't actually be the Chinese state that will own them, right?

As I've said the Mirror have retracted their statement that Peace has been in talk with Dalian Wanda and so now the mention of them reads as purely speculative. As for our takeover It seems that a group might be in exclusivity but we don't know anything else.

To paraphrase he's said something like, we aren't acting like a club who's about to be sold and that something has changed in the last two weeks. This together with the meeting on Wednesday makes me wonder that the whole thing has collapsed.

Maybe Lerner is seeing that he could be leaving right as it's the best time to be the owner of Villa. I mean I seriously believe we are on the verge of a second wind of sorts, we have Tom Fox steering this ship like a pro. A team that bar some shocking results towards the end is finally showing some quality. Some new players coming in that look great purchases.. Maybe Lerner is asking for too much, but maybe that's because he doesn't really want to sell anymore. Regardless, if this money is being provided because Lerner is feeling it again then wicked that's all I wanted.

• Like 1

It looks like we are stuck with this guy because he's too greedy to let us go. Absolutely gutting news if that's true. I want this man away from my club as soon as possible and I honestly don't beleive we'll be anything again until he goes. He'll take us down if we let him

Nixon is just guessing and he's guess work seems way off. If we weren't under offer or exclusivity it'd be all over the papers. And as for Lerner wanting too much he's either upped the price which is doubtful, the prospective buyers aren't rich enough or it's a load of crap. I'll go with the latter. I reckon he's been on the beer at a BBQ and is having a play up.

Guess work. The man has a point, a spending spree just before being taken over is unusual and would suggest there's no deal in the pipeline. But it's still a guess.

Guess work. The man has a point, a spending spree just before being taken over is unusual and would suggest there's no deal in the pipeline. But it's still a guess.

You still have to strengthen you can't wait for stuff to happen. What happens if the sale takes longer than expected and we are not ready for the new season? I'd say we are spending our usual budget plus the extra income Fox has drummed up through new sponsors and TV money.

You still have to strengthen you can't wait for stuff to happen. What happens if the sale takes longer than expected and we are not ready for the new season? I'd say we are spending our usual budget plus the extra income Fox has drummed up through new sponsors and TV money.

Well forget about the spending spree, why did Fox have a cosy chat with Collymore as well. Showing him north stand plans etc. why would he bother if the deal on table hadnt virtually fallen through. My guess is that Lerner is going to give it another go, starting with the stand redevelopment that he always talked about.

Edited by HeyAnty

Â