2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I'm thinking at the mo that we may well be about to be taken over hence the delaying of new shirt .but if we are then we're not going to be having a multi billionaire due to the signings or rumoured signings we're being linked to. If it was big money we would be hearing of at least a few big names and signing proven quality which Micah Richards could be but also may not?!

Why would new ownership delay the shirt reveal? Do you think they'll want to change the kit or something?

I'm thinking at the mo that we may well be about to be taken over hence the delaying of new shirt .but if we are then we're not going to be having a multi billionaire due to the signings or rumoured signings we're being linked to. If it was big money we would be hearing of at least a few big names and signing proven quality which Micah Richards could be but also may not?!

Why would new ownership delay the shirt reveal? Do you think they'll want to change the kit or something?

I heard they really want us to play in red.

• Like 2

Nobody read the Independent article then....very interesting if this is implemented.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-city-could-still-suffer-if-uefa-relax-ffp-merely-to-suit-new-owners-10333147.html

Manchester City’s hopes that a relaxation on Uefa Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules will give them huge freedom to spend may be frustrated, amid suggestions that clubs with new owners will be the main winners from the overhaul.

With the decision on how FFP will be modified scheduled to be made at Uefa’s Executive Committee meeting in Prague, a week on Monday and Tuesday, The Independent understands that the governing body has been persuaded that the current regime is proving a millstone for those clubs which are finding a buyer.

A possible scenario is that sides like Milan – who are currently seeking such investment – will be allowed a short period of accelerated spending, allowing new owners to capitalise on their investment, so long as they can demonstrate how they will subsequently bring the club quickly towards a break-even figure. The firm possibility of clubs with new owners benefiting most from the relaxation of rules underlines the influence of Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani within the European Club Association, which is a driving force behind the changes.

British clubs seeking buyers, such as Randy Lerner’s Aston Villa, could also view the emphasis on new owners as helpful, albeit Villa are a distance away from needing to comply with Uefa’s FFP rules.

Lawyers yesterday indicated that allowing clubs with new owners such an advantage may seem discriminatory, though it is likely to be one of a number of measures designed to make the FFP system work more effectively.

City await the Prague decision with interest, amid suggestions inL’Equipe last weekend that clubs which were in breach of FFP last year – including themselves and Paris Saint-Germain, both handed £49million fines – would not be allowed to benefit from a more flexible system. The newspaper reported that PSG are expecting to be denied the chance to spend more freely until 2019, with Monaco constrained to their existing spending until 2020.

“PSG viewed [the changes] as good news for the 2016 transfer window and was already beginning to consider major purchases,” L’Equipe reported. “But it will not happen. The French capital’s side will not be affected by these changes.”

City did not spend to full capacity last summer and have always felt that they would be able to invest in the squad this summer.

The loss of James Milner, Frank Lampard and Dedryck Boyata has created potential to pay out on wages for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling, Juventus star Paul Pogba and Kevin de Bruyne, of Wolfsburg. But the disappointment of continued UEFA restrictions may impede their attempts to bring in Pogba, if they find themselves in a bidding war with Real Madrid.

One for the doom mongers who think we can only spend 5p even with a new takeover...any new rule that penalises City and helps us is fine by me.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

I think we need to find.

1. New Owners who have some money

2. New Owners who are willing to spend it

before we get preoccupied with FFP

• Like 2

A takeover needs to happen as Lerner obviously wants to right off his football experiment with Villa. We can't go another year just drifting again. We have to significantly invest just to become a mid table side, let alone challenging for a Europa space. Anything other than that is just a pipe dream.

In a few years Liverpool, West Ham,and possibly Spurs will have much bigger stadiums than us, let alone the top 4 who are miles away from the rest.

I've never got this "good things don't happen because we're Villa" attitude. We're not cursed FFS and in the grand scheme of things loads of other clubs have had it a lot worse.

Ok fair point, change good things to things worth shouting about.
Same could be said of most clubs.
Yep not sure what your point is though and how that would make it silly to have an attitude that highlights that.

My point is that the "good things don't happen to us because we're Villa" attitude is wrong because indeed most clubs are in the same position.

Well with the greatest of respects Mantis, your point is a bit weak. Very weak in fact.

So, because there are a lot ot teams that don't have good things happen to them, it's wrong to have the attitude of - 'it's villa so nothing good will happen'.

Sorry but I'm going on the past couple of decades and reality, not the trends of other teams, which is meaningless when it comes to the goings on at Aston villa.

I've never got this "good things don't happen because we're Villa" attitude. We're not cursed FFS and in the grand scheme of things loads of other clubs have had it a lot worse.

Yep not sure what your point is though and how that would make it silly to have an attitude that highlights that.

You don't get his point how? It's written in the plainest English possible.

Great post.

My point is that the "good things don't happen to us because we're Villa" attitude is wrong because indeed most clubs are in the same position.

Well with the greatest of respects Mantis, your point is a bit weak. Very weak in fact.

So, because there are a lot ot teams that don't have good things happen to them, it's wrong to have the attitude of - 'it's villa so nothing good will happen'.

Sorry but I'm going on the past couple of decades and reality, not the trends of other teams, which is meaningless when it comes to the goings on at Aston villa.

What good has happened at similar sized clubs like Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Spurs over the past couple of decades? 1 trophy between all of them is it?

Man City won the lottery, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

To point out that not much good happens to us is perfectly valid and something I'd agree with (although it doesn't mean nothing good will happen in the future). However, it's not because "we're Villa" - it's because we're not really rich, like many other clubs.

Edited by Mantis

What good has happened at similar sized clubs like Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Spurs over the past couple of decades? 1 trophy between all of them is it?

Man City won the lottery, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Well 3 of them have played in the champions league but your also missing the point....

I'm not sat here thinking oh why is it only villa that never has anything decent happen to them.

Im fully aware that there are plenty of other shit teams whose recent achievements are barely worth talking about. But that doesn't mean we can't have the attitude of 'its villa, nowt good will happen'.

Well 3 of them have played in the champions league but your also missing the point....

I'm not sat here thinking oh why is it only villa that never has anything decent happen to them.

Im fully aware that there are plenty of other shit teams whose recent achievements are barely worth talking about. But that doesn't mean we can't have the attitude of 'its villa, nowt good will happen'.

Saying "it's Villa, nothing good will happen" implies that it's something exclusive to Villa when it clearly isn't.

I heard the same , from the above three posters.

I heard the same , from the above three posters.

i didn't hear it nor did i believe any of the posters on here but i did read what they said

Edited by VillanousOne

Â