2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

The exclusivity story could be very convenient for the club, if they have no intention of spending on the squad and making the changes that many people feel it needs.

Would not put it past Lerner at all. Shows up when the goings good and hides when times are hard. We've had nothing but lies from this set up and I would not be shocked to find out he's done this as theres no buyer, wants to avoid spending and increase season ticket sales as well. By august he'll still be there and some will be claiming it's not his fault the 'sale' didn't go through

The exclusivity story could be very convenient for the club, if they have no intention of spending on the squad and making the changes that many people feel it needs.

That does not make much sense to me. Lerner wants to sell and to run the club on the cheap another season is beyond stupid. So I still expect news about new owners any day. Edited by David-Copenhagen

That said I'm not sure I'd trust Matt Scott over John Percy or anyone else who's reported/backed up the exclusivity story. Listening back to him speaking it didn't really sound like he knew what he was talking about.

There is one very quick way to put an end to any conspiracy theories. Get the club sold and do it sooner rather than later!

The longer any sale takes the more this begins to get the feel of last summer about it with a rumoured sale coming to nothing and a manager left working with peanuts in the transfer market.  

Would not put it past Lerner at all. Shows up when the goings good and hides when times are hard. We've had nothing but lies from this set up and I would not be shocked to find out he's done this as theres no buyer, wants to avoid spending and increase season ticket sales as well. By august he'll still be there and some will be claiming it's not his fault the 'sale' didn't go through

How have they lied? Lerner's refused to spend for the last four years without an elaborate cover story about the club being sold - why would he bother with it now? If he wants to avoid spending he will simply not spend - as he's being doing to date without excuses.

• Like 2

That does not make much sense to me. Lerner wants to sell and to run the club on the cheap another season is beyond stupid. So I still expect news about new owners any day.

I'm still more on the side that something is going to happen rather than something isn't going to happen.

No. He is on holiday, the signing will be complete on Tuesday.

Well yeah technically I think they're saying the medical will be on Tuesday so the signing should be either on that day or the day after (just in case people panic when it's not rubber-stamped on Tuesday).

• Like 1

Surely as long as Tim doesn't spend more on wages than the budget for last season before the takeover ends there'll be no problems.

Bent, Weimann etc are leaving which frees up money for new free transfers. We'd still be spending the same amount on wages so the club valuations shouldn't really change

Actually i think this is wrong, i might well also be wrong, but due to amortisation we would in fact be spending much more over the period of new contracts than what is remaining on existing contracts, Bent for example was out of contract before the exclusivity period was announced, therefore there would be no amortisation of his contract in the projected accounts for 2015-2016.

I can't see a situation where the club would lie about being in an exclusivity period, that would only deter any potential billionaire from putting an offer in.

I also don't see what more the club can do, they've announced the exclusivity period of 6 weeks. a sale could therefore go ahead at anytime within that six week period or at the end we are back for sale. We are only 1 week into the period of exclusivity and we have to trust that in putting a potential purchaser into exclusivity Randy Lerner is convinced that the buyer a. has the funds, and b. is serious.

As much as we hate it we have to just wait and see, but in the meantime it does seem that our plans for player purchases are not be halted, so that suggests (to me at least) Randy and the potential new owners are agreed that some level of new investment is necessary regardless.

Agree, despite what I posted earlier I do think we are in an exclusivity period at the moment and it's just a matter of waiting now.

I'd probably be a bit wary but when John Percy and the BBC are reporting it I think it's about 95% true.

Surely as long as Tim doesn't spend more on wages than the budget for last season before the takeover ends there'll be no problems.

Bent, Weimann etc are leaving which frees up money for new free transfers. We'd still be spending the same amount on wages so the club valuations shouldn't really change

Actually i think this is wrong, i might well also be wrong, but due to amortisation we would in fact be spending much more over the period of new contracts than what is remaining on existing contracts, Bent for example was out of contract before the exclusivity period was announced, therefore there would be no amortisation of his contract in the projected accounts for 2015-2016.

£0 over how ever many years is still £0. If Weimann leaves for anything it'll be a profit on player disposal. 

The club wouldn't need to lie about being in exclusivity, if the media does it for them. They'd just need to not confirm it, or comment on it directly at all. If September comes and we haven't done much business, the idea that the club is in limbo would be a ready made excuse. Fox himself has already stated that the club being up for sale is a dynamic that could affect our transfer dealings.

That said, I am actually prepared to believe that a buyer is in exclusivity to buy us, just wish they'd hurry up about it. I think Grealish could with something to move the attention away from himself, too.

Edited by useless

The fact that they haven't come out with one of their statements in order to debunk the exclusivity story that was widely reported in the more-reputable news sources tells me something about its authenticity.

£0 over how ever many years is still £0. If Weimann leaves for anything it'll be a profit on player disposal. 

Doesn't the amortisation of a players contract also include wages ?

• Like 1

Â