2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I'm wondering it the apparent signing of Richards means we're not as close to being taken over as we think/hope. I still think something is being worked on just that it might take months rather than weeks. And so Sherwood has been told to press on.

Well, due diligence can drag on for months, so it would be unreasonable to expect all activities to be suspended for that duration.

At the point of exclusivity the bulk of due diligence will likely have been done, and now it's a case of investigating anything there were issues/questions/concerns over during that period further, afaik

• Like 1

According to endole.co.uk there is basically Reform Acquisitions Ltd which is the holding company that owns us, net worth £2m.

Then you have Aston Villa Ladies (Net worth £61k), Aston Villa Social Enterprise (-£15k), Aston Villa Football Club Ltd (-£138m), Aston Villa FC Ltd (-£39M), Aston Villa Ltd (£210m)

The largest assets appear to be £218m.

You'd imagine the bulk of that must be Bodymoor, Villa Park, other land. Player registrations can't be that large surely can they I mean the bulk of the players in the team right now were bought for peanuts, and there was an impairment adjustment 2 years ago for the likes of the bomb squad.

Other than those can they're really be much to investigate?

I've read elsewhere that once Randy had been granted exclusivity, it only took two weeks for the deal to be completed. We could be hearing news at any moment.

Randy wasn't granted exclusivity afaik.

• Like 1

I've read elsewhere that once Randy had been granted exclusivity, it only took two weeks for the deal to be completed. We could be hearing news at any moment.

Randy wasn't granted exclusivity afaik.

I don't know it's just something that Jonathon Fear has said on Vital Villa.

In theory it should happen quicker this time because there is only 1 seller. When Lerner purchased Villa, he had to buy every single share (even from me!) individually. I'm no expert but presumably that takes quite a while.

Ellis and Lerner made a deal in about 2 weeks then Lerner had to get up to a certain amount before the purchase was compulsory. At the time we was on the stock exchange so it's different circumstances regarding letting people know and the actual purchase.

If we're in a period of 'exclusivity' and the deal is imminent then who is sanctioning moves in the transfer market? I can understand offering new contracts might not be considered major dealing (although arguably it is if you offer someone quadruple their wage... new owner would have to happy with that) but the potential signing of Micah Richards is certainly an acquisition the new owners would be interested in.

On one hand it'd be fool-hardy of Lerner to agree massively inflating wages because he thinks we'll be sold soon but then finds they back out. On the other new owners aren't going to want you to keep adding players to the wage bill before they've taken over as they may have different plans and requirements. They may not even want to keep Sherwood (unlikely though).

I half suspect whether the club is letting this 'exclusivity' story run without denying it as it's good for season ticket sales/ hope. It's not going to put off other potential bidders as they stay involved, even if there is a six week 'holiday' before negotiations continue. I'm not so sure we're close to being taken over at all.

I actually think that we are in exclusivity and get the feeling that the club are trying to turn people's attention away from the fact by leaking stories about Benteke being offered a new contract, Richardson being signed, the timing of the Shirt sponsor felt suspicious too.

I actually think that we are in exclusivity and get the feeling that the club are trying to turn people's attention away from the fact by leaking stories about Benteke being offered a new contract, Richardson being signed, the timing of the Shirt sponsor felt suspicious too.

Please don't sign Richardson again! ;)

The point remains though, if Richards signs on Tuesday, which is widely being reported, does that mean the takeover is either complete or off?

We haven't even signed him yet, for all we know we could get taken over before he actually joins. If we do sign him first, there could be a number of reasons for us doing so, the fact that he's on a free probably makes it easier. I think we signed Petrov just before Randy bought us.

Edited by useless

Surely as long as Tim doesn't spend more on wages than the budget for last season before the takeover ends there'll be no problems.

Bent, Weimann etc are leaving which frees up money for new free transfers. We'd still be spending the same amount on wages so the club valuations shouldn't really change

• Like 1

Just listening back to The Press Pass and interesting from Matt Scott saying he has spoke to people who are "close" to this situation and that he has been told to be very skeptical of the whole "exclusivity" story.

TALKSPORTS presspass.........

Press Pass is very much comparable to Sunday Supplement or Cricket Writers on Sky or even Football Weekly.

It's just hosted on TalkSPORT, there is no call in situation or anything ridiculous like that.

Journalists from The Times, Telegraph etc are on this, it's not some wind up situation.

Â