2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

It might be a Mark Hughes situation where he sticks around for a bit and does OK, but they decide to choose to get rid anyway. There's a lot of things that have to happen before then, though. I'm sure Sherwood will get a crack at next season anyway.

I know it's Wikipedia but wasn't there an entry earlier today on there saying arisen (the heat owner) had been given exclusivity.

To be taken with a pinch of salt obv but he's been linked before and is American of course.

Just because owners haven't in the past come into a club and changed the manager straight away doesn't mean to say our new guys won't.

Absolutely nothing to suggest they will change the manager straight away though. We don't even know who these new owners are.

I know it's Wikipedia but wasn't there an entry earlier today on there saying arisen (the heat owner) had been given exclusivity.

To be taken with a pinch of salt obv but he's been linked before and is American of course.

Dear oh dear, bangs my head against the wall

Dear oh dear, bangs my head against the wall
Why? Not as if I haven't posted it highlighting the potential it's complete bullshit. Edited by Woodytom

Just because owners haven't in the past come into a club and changed the manager straight away doesn't mean to say our new guys won't.

Absolutely nothing to suggest they will change the manager straight away though. We don't even know who these new owners are.

In that case absolutely nothing to suggest that they won't.

The Birmingham Mail even composed an article on it.

Here

'Wikipedia page of American/Israeli billionaire Micky Arison links him as the mystery party involved'

Thanks. Would be pretty sweet if this happened. Has had a lot of success with the heat. I actually bought one of their tops the other day :)

In that case absolutely nothing to suggest that they won't.

Considering that Sherwood's quite popular among the fans and presumably the players as well, the fact that it's almost universally recognised that he did a good job last season and the fact that the vast majority of new owners don't sack the manager straight away after buying the club there's a lot more that points to him staying (at least in the short term) than there is which points to him going.

All over Twitter atm

where theres smoke?

What, the Micky Arison stuff?

Arison's money won't get us into the CL, but we'll do better than with Lerner.

Worth about 7bil lion. You could have a good bloody go.

If he sold his cruise ship line, we'd be all set  :D

They'll keep Sherwood for a season and then get Klopp when his sabbatical ends this time next year. That's when they'll really ramp up the spending.

This is what makes me read and post in VT. The humerous optimism is brilliant! I heard Reus would only follow wherever Klopp went... these bidders better have a few bob.

Edited by BigCarew

He's popular among the fans maybe, but I don't think the fanbase nor the players would shed too many tears if he was replaced with someone with an outstanding reputation. One of Nursey or Percy already hinted that they want to bring in their own guy and today Fox admitted that Sherwood's job (and his own) isn't safe if the takeover goes ahead.

Cmon lets hope this is happening.

Wouldnt it be nice to play an FA cup final vs Arsenal and be the favorites to win.

I would take North Korean money if it meant we would be able to compete with the best.

Good luck trying to buy and pay players in North Korean Won.

;)

Â