The Hillsborough inquest

BOF

I cannot believe some of the prejudiced, ignorant and frankly idiotic bile I've read in this thread, written by fellow Villa fans.
#

just because it doesnt match your opinion it doesnt mean they are idiots :? a majority of people are not syaing the police are to blame they are saying some of the liverpool fans have to accept their role in the incident too

And some have posted some utter drivel

Liverpool fans did cause the incident...it was people jumping over the wall and getting into the ground without tickets which caused all of the deaths.
If there were two many fans in that terrace that afternoon, either two many tickets were printed, a good whack got in without tickets.
The dirty pissed up scousers

We knew this from day one

words removed

• 3 weeks later...
Just reading through the comments I think people need to be a bit more respectful. 96 people did die after all.

Nobody needs reminding of that, I don't think there is a single post in this thread in which anyone shows any kind of disrespect towards those who lost their lives.

There is plenty to be debated in the events of that day but there is one thing that is without question, which is never ever debated. That whoever ultimately were responsible for the events that day and the deaths that occurred it certainly wasn't those who paid the ultimate price.

I don't think anyone thinks differently on that.

I think maybe the families of the 39 people who died at Heysal want justice as well funny how the scousers never mention that

There was a court case in Belgium, 14 people were extradited and convicted. Given 3 years apiece for involuntary manslaughter. That is the justice system is it not?

• 4 months later...

If you have Sky (as you can watch regional BBC TV from all parts of the country on it) or use iplayer, can I recommend you watch BBC One (North West or Yorkshire - its on both) at 10:25pm tonight. Hillsborough - Searching for the Truth examines the evidence that South Yorkshire Police covered up the full story of what happened.

I think maybe the families of the 39 people who died at Heysal want justice as well funny how the scousers never mention that

Hey now! Liverpool fans made a banner saying 'Friendship' when they played Juve, that makes it alright.

As for this, I find it hilarious how Liverpool fans seemingly take no blame, especially with things like this:

In one instance, a small gate was opened to eject one person, and twenty people got into the ground through it.

How very clever of them. Trying to get dickheads out, only for even more dickheads to get in.

I wonder what the reaction would've been if police had refused to open any gates and as a result people died of a crush outside. Probably "They should've opened the gates, people died all for the off chance someone who didn't have a ticket got in".

What does the Justice campaign want?

Justice?

But in what form? if liverpool supporters are found to be at fault would they no longer want justice? What form of justice are they looking at?

To a certain extent, the Liverpool fans can't be at fault, regardless of what evidence comes out.

They may well have been drunk and acting in a foolish manner, but this happens at 99% of football matches week in, week out.

The situation shouldn't have been allowed to happen as it did, blaming the Liverpool fans is a bit like telling off a 2 year old for jamming a knife into the toaster.

The fact that vital evidence has been covered up for 23 years should tell you a lot about what's gone on here. If it was any other club there'd be an outpouring of sympathy from the whole country but because its Liverpool and peoples perception of them they don't stand a chance. The real truth will be released on Wednesday and hopefully the families can finally find some closure. There are certain people on this thread who need to grow up. They need to put their hatred of a football club aside and just look at what this really was - a tragedy of monumental proportions. 96 people including kids died. Justice for those 96.

The fact that vital evidence has been covered up for 23 years should tell you a lot about what's gone on here. If it was any other club there'd be an outpouring of sympathy from the whole country but because its Liverpool and peoples perception of them they don't stand a chance. The real truth will be released on Wednesday and hopefully the families can finally find some closure. There are certain people on this thread who need to grow up. They need to put their hatred of a football club aside and just look at what this really was - a tragedy of monumental proportions. 96 people including kids died. Justice for those 96.

Yes, you feel the entire World is against you and it's others that need to grow up. If there truly is anything against Liverpool, it's probably down to the absolute disgraceful attitude your club has completely summed up by the Suarez saga.

Don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't have sympathy for those familes. But we're also not naive enough not to refuse to put any blame on Liverpool fans.

Justice?

But in what form? if liverpool supporters are found to be at fault would they no longer want justice? What form of justice are they looking at?

To a certain extent, the Liverpool fans can't be at fault, regardless of what evidence comes out.

They may well have been drunk and acting in a foolish manner, but this happens at 99% of football matches week in, week out.

The situation shouldn't have been allowed to happen as it did, blaming the Liverpool fans is a bit like telling off a 2 year old for jamming a knife into the toaster.

So you feel that a police officer throwing a Liverpool fan out (doing his job) and then 20 forcing themself into the exit that was used is just part of football? I can't buy that.

Justice?

So you feel that a police officer throwing a Liverpool fan out (doing his job) and then 20 forcing themself into the exit that was used is just part of football? I can't buy that.

It shouldn't be part of football, and probably no longer is. But I daresay that Liverpool fans wouldnt have been the only group of supporters to act in such a way in the circumstances.

It shouldn't be part of football, and probably no longer is. But I saresay that Liverpool fans wouldnt have been the only group of supporters to act in such a way in the circumstances.

But that doesn't make it right or that they are not to blame.

I agree with your earlier comparison that telling Liverpool fans off (if they were to blame) is pointless and like telling a 2 year off for sticking a fork in a toaster.

But at the end of the day, if the kid does that it's his fault. If Liverpool fans help cause the crush, it's part their fault.

Â