Midweek football! 9/12 March

andykeenan

Dunno why they saying English teams miles behind in Europe its a load of old tosh its a Cup shit happens.

Well Liverpool knocked out in the group stages, Arsenal and Man City outplayed last week, they have a point I think,

Dunno why they saying English teams miles behind in Europe its a load of old tosh its a Cup shit happens.

2 english teams knocked out by french clubs if arsenal go out, liverpool couldnt beat Basel or that bulgarian team either

he was right though, but that happens every game. sensible game management

from the start of 2nd half the Chelsea players didnt look like they were hungry to win, if anything the red card put Chelsea in a comfort zone they couldnt get out of

• Like 1

Chelsea tactics come back to bite them, I enjoyed that. They sat on a lead again, but were lazy and coughed up two goals, when they should have killed off the game when they went a man up. Credit PSG for those goals though, wow.

its not just in europe though, watching the prem every week you can see the quality has dipped, watching villa vs the lower half of the league for the last 2/3 years you can see how bad it is, at least 5 times last season i declared a game as the worst id ever seen, watching utd at times this season, they're garbage, and they'll more than likely finish top 4, for eyars ive been convinced that this boast that anyone can beat anyone really means that those at the top arent really that good, chelsea and city in the FA cup, then you cant really ignore the performances in europe, city werent even close to barca, chelsea have been outplayed twice by PSG, arsenal were embarrassed by monaco

i think in terms of style, shape, ability to pass and move the ball it was always a case that the national team was miles behind, its got to the stage now where the club teams are exactly the same, watching PSG tonight, the way the midfield 3 moved the ball, arsenal are maybe the only team in the prem that can play that way

• Like 3

Oh I haven't really followed the footy tonight and realised chavski got knocked out. Sheer liquid wonderment. I have really enjoyed the last 7 days with us winning, everyone around us losing, Yewunited accepting mediocrity and Chelsea losing to a even richer club than themselves.

Lovely.

its not just in europe though, watching the prem every week you can see the quality has dipped, watching villa vs the lower half of the league for the last 2/3 years you can see how bad it is, at least 5 times last season i declared a game as the worst id ever seen, watching utd at times this season, they're garbage, and they'll more than likely finish top 4, for eyars ive been convinced that this boast that anyone can beat anyone really means that those at the top arent really that good, chelsea and city in the FA cup, then you cant really ignore the performances in europe, city werent even close to barca, chelsea have been outplayed twice by PSG, arsenal were embarrassed by monaco

i think in terms of style, shape, ability to pass and move the ball it was always a case that the national team was miles behind, its got to the stage now where the club teams are exactly the same, watching PSG tonight, the way the midfield 3 moved the ball, arsenal are maybe the only team in the prem that can play that way

Yes I just don't think Chelsea are as good as the media people make out. Arsenal are by far the best footballing side but still they are a distance from the top clubs in europe.

No, but who cares?  I certainly don't. I have no particular affinity for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Manchester City.  I really care if England have four Champions League berths or three either. However  I do feel the current fallow period is something of a blip, the massive injection of cash that is in the post from the new TV deal will see English clubs strengthen again. 

lol Bayern won 7-0.

Apparently Arjen Robben was the only member of the Bayern starting XI from last night who didn't either score a goal or provide an assist.   They should sell him. 

Â