Midweek football! 9/12 March

andykeenan

Meyer has been very very good tonight, 19yrs old and putting in that kind of performance away at Madrid I'm impressed

Hes a phenomenal player, RDM didn't like him when he started, and has been proved very wrong, he's an attacking player which again RDM doesn't like, but he is making it impossible to not be picked. 

Schalke have some huge players coming back from injury, if they play like this, they will keep their CL space next year.

• Like 1

What really winds me up is when someone like Gareth Bale runs down the right wing and when it comes to crossing the ball, has to cross it with the outside of his left foot than use his right.

Paul Merson made a living doing that! (Right foot obviously)

He's been past it for two years, Mourinho was right to drop him, something which I'd presumed Ancilotti would continue to do given that Casillas only started two league games last season, but player power is very much a thing at Real Madrid and if you are one of the boys then you can kinda get away with not being up to the required standard.  It happened with Raul a few years ago and it's happening with Casillas now.  He's in the team because of who he is, not what he is capable of.   Madrid should make getting a world class goalkeeper their top priority this summer. I presume they will go all out for David De Gea this summer.  He's from Madrid so I presume bringing him "home" would be a huge bargaining chip in their favour.  The fact that he's ex Atleti seems to be neither here nor there as far as I can see. 

He's been past it for two years, Mourinho was right to drop him, something which I'd presumed Ancilotti would continue to do given that Casillas only started two league games last season, but player power is very much a thing at Real Madrid and if you are one of the boys then you can kinda get away with not being up to the required standard.  It happened with Raul a few years ago and it's happening with Casillas now.  He's in the team because of who he is, not what he is capable of.   Madrid should make getting a world class goalkeeper their top priority this summer. I presume they will go all out for David De Gea this summer.  He's from Madrid so I presume bringing him "home" would be a huge bargaining chip in their favour.  The fact that he's ex Atleti seems to be neither here nor there as far as I can see. 

as great as he was he should have been sold in 2012. Diego Lopez was much better but was foolishly sold in summer

Â