Midweek football! 9/12 March

andykeenan

What a masterclass of centre midfield play that was from Verratti and Motta last night.

A man down and up against Fabregas, Matic and Ramires and these two kept their composure (even upped it) and absolutley dominated the game. Big shout to Pistore who was just slightly below these two in my eyes.

Matuidi barely had a kick in the second half and Cavani seemed to have the touch of Gabby for some reason.

It was a real pleasure to watch three guys outplay such a big name opposition pretty much on their own.

even after that result and the english clubs performance in europe this season the arrogance on SSN during their review this morning was unbelievable

they still think anyone can beat anyone in this league because we're all so good rather than the idea that its because we're all so poor

real madrid play getafe, chelsea play hull, our league is much harder

I think yes and no to your post there V4Europe.

Yes - the league is poor in terms of quality a lot of the time. Villa being a great example that we have survived these last few years despite being a woeful woeful football team.

I also think likes of City and LIverpool are way off competing with the best in Europe. Arsenal have the quality but not the mentality I think this comes from Wenger.

Chelsea I do believe have the quality to go toe to toe with any of the big boys. However they didnt have the killer instinct last night to kill it off, that came from Mourinho and his tentative approach to two legged games, he's lost a lot like that in the past and will do in the future. It has also worked for him the odd time of course !!

Agreed - though the first 11 has excellent balance they dont have the irrestibale strikeforce of some of the top teams.

Probably explains to a certain extent why they seek to win some of these games by the odd goal rather than make sure of the win by continuing to press forward. ie they back their midfield and defensive organisation to be better than most teams and enough to protect any lead they manage to fashion.

but they have the defence which  wins you European Cups and they had a nightmare last night though normally its probably the best in Europe along with Atletico, dont know how many times Maxwell got past Ivanovic last night for example

A Martinez team conceding from a set piece?

Surely not!

What a **** myth of a manager.

I honestly think he would have taken us down.

Â