Midweek football! 9/12 March

andykeenan

I hate the way Chelsea's players crowd refs for pretty much every decision. 

and yet when we did it for a couple of bad tackles / dodgy red card we had the book thrown at us, john terry does the 40 yard "im the facking ref here you slag" dash 2/3 times every game and no one bats an eyelid

• Like 3

I hate it when referees destroy excellent football matches, it happens often in the Champions League due to the extreme tempo in games. I was very much against Hawk-eye as I want the game to be similar in the Champions League as it is in the 6th division so to speak, but I admit I was wrong. Goal-line technology is an excellent addition and it takes no momentum out of the game like I feared.

We need to introduce more technology though, it would be so easy to fix:

1) Violent, unpunished acts should be informed to the referee - and he can give the player a red card instantly. Someone punches a player, the referee gets a message in his ear and it's all good. We are of course talking blatant acts of violence, definite red cards. Now one might argue that something can be obvious to one person and debatable for another, but we are talking Joey Barton, Zidane-shit here.

2) Wrongful dismissals. The game is now ruined and Chelsea will win the game easily, because the referee was fooled by Oscar's "pain" and Chelsea's reactions. It was never a red card, the referee would have pulled it back had he seen a quick replay.

• Like 2

the problem with video refs is that decision would be an easy one, overturned straight away, try having a video ref watch the suarez dive vs us last year that won a penalty, MOTD were split after, most pundits said it was a foul, 90% of us said it wasnt, most importantly though it was a decision we all came to after watching it 100 times from different angles at different speeds, and there was still no definitive right or wrong answer (it was a dive though ;) )

i only agree with technology if it can be 100% right, if its still an opinion then i dont see the point 

The problem for the referee is that he's got ten people screaming at him and reacting like it's the worst tackle ever, you can't blame him for being influenced. At the other end, you can't blame him for not giving a penalty for a foul against a player who's already been down half a dozen times without fouls. For the Ibrahimovic one, if he thinks it's a bad foul he should send Ibrahimovic off - he should also book about four Chelsea players for the protest - until referee's start to do this, we'll get this crap. For dives, we should have a review panel - Costa would play about three games a season - and if it happens consistently with a team (and this Chelsea team are I think the most cynical I've ever seen) then we need to see fines, then bans, then points deductions - the game needs to grow some balls to help out referee's, because the job is impossible for this poor fella.

• Like 3

There was a foul in my nephews game on Sunday, I was quite surprised not to see John Terry within two yards of the referee within moments. In full kit.

The foul must have gone to the losing team. He doesn't don his kit for just any occasion.

Â