Midweek football! 9/12 March

andykeenan

He has his critics on here but Lukaku was brilliant tonight, proper striker performance of leading the line.

Everton were a lot more direct tonight, bit like us under Sherwood so if Robbie has any sense he'll stick with that as that will give Everton the wins they need to have a comfortable end of season.

• Like 1

Lukaku is great when on song but he is woefully inconsistent.  He's been known to go missing for months on end. I think the inconsistency is why Chelsea got rid.

i still dont think he is used right, he's a number 9 IMO, his games all about sharpness and movement in the box, get it in to him quickly and facing goal, one touch finish, goal

the slow patient side to side build up that martinez plays really doesnt suit him, playing it in to him, back to goal, asking him to hold it up and lay others in isnt really his game, his touch isnt good enough for a start

They used him right last night tbf.. 16 goals this season suggest he isn't doing badly. I think Everton have been brilliant in europe. I know its the europa league not the champions league but theres a lot of really good sides in it, they did the double over Wolfsburg in the group stages,. and I hope they go all the way. Theres no way they will get relegated either.

i still dont think he is used right, he's a number 9 IMO, his games all about sharpness and movement in the box, get it in to him quickly and facing goal, one touch finish, goal

the slow patient side to side build up that martinez plays really doesnt suit him, playing it in to him, back to goal, asking him to hold it up and lay others in isnt really his game, his touch isnt good enough for a start

Hasn't he scored nearly 40 goals since he joined Everton?

Imagine if they played to his strengths.....

They almost tripled their money a guy who hardly ever played for them.  Chelsea have had worse transfer dealings than they had with Kevin De Bruyne in recent times, the profit they make on flipping guys like him keep the FFP wolf from the door at Stamford Bridge.  De Bruyne might indeed end up being the one who got away, but he's hardly Paul Pogba and I don't think Chelsea are going to change their policy of using their current financial dominance to corner the European transfer market. 

Â