Midweek football! 9/12 March

andykeenan

Van Gaal hasnt impressed me at all since coming to England. All that money spent and the football they play is attrocious. No idea how theyre top 4 atm (doubt they'll stay there). De Gea makes so many worldies, who knows where theyd be without him

He overcomplicates things way to much. It's easy enough to tell foreign player different formations but telling Phil Jones and Smalling anything other than running after the ball is beyond them.

Fergie was a master at keeping things relatively simple with 4-4-2 but making it near impossible to defend against for the opposition team.

Why hasn't Di Maria been tried centrally, wasn't he brilliant in that position for Madrid last year?

Van Gaal hasnt impressed me at all since coming to England. All that money spent and the football they play is attrocious. No idea how theyre top 4 atm (doubt they'll stay there). De Gea makes so many worldies, who knows where theyd be without him

He overcomplicates things way to much. It's easy enough to tell foreign player different formations but telling Phil Jones and Smalling anything other than running after the ball is beyond them.

Fergie was a master at keeping things relatively simple with 4-4-2 but making it near impossible to defend against for the opposition team.

Why hasn't Di Maria been tried centrally, wasn't he brilliant in that position for Madrid last year?

Van gaal has had a ridiculously easy ride from the press considering the clamour they had to put moyes under pressure last year.

Look at the squad van gaal has to work with and what he spent on players, he should be getting that into the top 4 minimum.

• Like 1

Van gaal has had a ridiculously easy ride from the press considering the clamour they had to put moyes under pressure last year.

Look at the squad van gaal has to work with and what he spent on players, he should be getting that into the top 4 minimum.

The last 30 mins of that game was just hoofing up to Fellaini's head. How much has he had to spend?

I said it before and i'll say it again, because they put all their resource into sealing the Falcao deal on deadline day it meant that Villa's purchase of Cleverly became just a loan :lol: double fail from Utd!

because they didnt have champions league and wanted to show their fans / investors that they were still one of the biggest clubs in the world and can still splash the cash

it was all for show

Even if that was the case, now you've got him why wouldn't you use him? He is up there with best strikers in the world, baffling not to start him let alone leave him on the bench

Tbf maybe he doesnt care about the style atm, they are desperate for that top 4 and they keep winning in the league

Not actually when they play decent teams.

Since boxing day they've drawn at Stoke and Spurs and lost at home to Southampton and Swansea. Pretty much all the top half teams they've faced.

That 1 defeat in 19 was factually correct but let's remember 4 of those were against Yeovil, PNE and Cambridge twice and they've also faced a lot of the bottom half prem teams.

Next few weeks they play Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea so I suggest they're about to get found out in the league aswell.

Â