Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

• 5 weeks later...

That Cornwall map has been distorted to make it look more like Italy. GWR, I am disappoint, son.

Anyway, you can't get a decent pasty in Italy.

BHNoBl.jpg

I like population density maps for some reason. Makes you appreciate how crowded a country England is compared to places like France, Spain & Italy. Only the urban area which runs from the low countries and western Germany comes close.

The urban area in west Germany and the low countries is basically a continuation of the English agglomeration, though.

USA-2000-population-density.gif

Legend (in persons per km^2)

white: 0-0.38

yellow: 0.38-1.5

yellow-green: 1.5-3.7

green: 3.7-9.4

teal: 9.4-19 (every color listed up to here would be white on the European map from The_Rev)

dark teal: 19-38

blue: 38-96

dark blue: 96 and up (the densest county in the US, not surprisingly, being New York County, New York aka the Borough of Manhattan in New York City, with a density of roughly 27 thousand per square kilometer)

I am an IT idiot and have never done a 'clicky' in my life... but this is the place where you will find a map drawn by Capt Strange in July 1916 showing the area around Mametz Wood at the southern end of the Battle of the Somme... it's an area I know well.

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78472&st=50

If you look in the top left corner, ie north-west corner, you will see 2 trenches running westwards from Bazentin-le-Petit Wood (I'm doing this from memory).

One trench is called Aston Trench and parallel to it runs Villa Trench.

Â