The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I really hope that behind the scenes, Tim is trying to persuade Lerner to buy a striker, and I hope that's why he's playing Gabby all the time (to show RL how urgently we need one).

This shit is getting so tiring.

So sorry. I'm tired of seeing Gabby starting, so the choice for me is to spend the next few months complaining that the manager is incompetent, or try to understand his reasoning.

Once again, sorry for tiring you.

I accept your apology.

I really hope that behind the scenes, Tim is trying to persuade Lerner to buy a striker, and I hope that's why he's playing Gabby all the time (to show RL how urgently we need one).

So sorry. I'm tired of seeing Gabby starting, so the choice for me is to spend the next few months complaining that the manager is incompetent, or try to understand his reasoning.

I accept your apology.

I'd probably rather you stuck it where the sun don't shine, but if you choose to accept it that's okay I s'pose :)

• Like 1

I accept your apology.

I'd probably rather you stuck it where the sun don't shine, but if you choose to accept it that's okay I s'pose :)

If I said I wanted you to stick it where the sun didn't shine I would have acknowledged it wasn't sincere :).

But cuz I think you're alright you can stick that apology where the sun don't shine!!!

• Like 1

When people come out with stuff like "Okore is absolute shit" is really does make me wonder what they are seeing when they watch us play.

he's crap, he cant defend, wins fk all in the air from long balls and is positionally the worst centre half of the lot of them. He literally goes walk about.

But villa fans, as thick as most of them are when rating players just think he's a beast cos he runs fast, is built like a tank and has a worldy video on youtube against fernando torres.

Unfortunately there is more to central defending then running quick and knocking strikers off the ball, but then again that's what looks good on the highlights reel.

OK, one thing we can all be sure of is that he doesn't LITERALLY go "walk about", since he is not an indigenous Australian and has little or no access to the Australian outback.

Please make sure you understand the meanings of the words you are using before embarking on a general criticism of all Villa fans.

Literally is one of those words that has lost its meaning, as has Ironic. Damn you Alanis Morissette!!

OK, one thing we can all be sure of is that he doesn't LITERALLY go "walk about", since he is not an indigenous Australian and has little or no access to the Australian outback

Mid-game at Selhurst Park his access to the Australian outback is so limited as to be effectively negligible.

How long can we defend a manager who seems to get most things wrong ?

He signed Ayew \ Gestede - for a combined £15m , would this not have been better spent on one decent striker ? - ie Charlie Austin

Only once CB signed, with Clarks form dipping we look short in this area

His cavalier style of play, is costing us point after point

The cavalier style isn't really generating that much in front of goal 

Despite his new defence - the errors continue, this seems more a coaching than personnel issue 

I think we all need to wake up, another season of struggle is looming, and this time we don't appear to have the players to get us out of the mire...

How long can we defend a manager who seems to get most things wrong ?

He signed Ayew \ Gestede - for a combined £15m , would this not have been better spent on one decent striker ? - ie Charlie Austin

Only once CB signed, with Clarks form dipping we look short in this area

His cavalier style of play, is costing us point after point

The cavalier style isn't really generating that much in front of goal 

Despite his new defence - the errors continue, this seems more a coaching than personnel issue 

I think we all need to wake up, another season of struggle is looming, and this time we don't appear to have the players to get us out of the mire...

Early dramatic, sensationalism at it's best.

How long can we defend him? longer than 3 games would be the answer of anyone with a clue.

So far I find us to already have a resilient foundation. We're not a pushover and haven't been spanked. The new signings will get up to speed soon enough, and the team will gain it's identity.

One mistake from a young kid new to the league isn't a cue to drop panties and scream all high pitched.

• Like 1

I'm neither pro nor anti Sherwood, soI think these would be valid comments if it were January but as it is, it's way too early to form conclusions. The new lads obviously need time to settle and he needs to find his best team, which will take a bit of time.

• Like 1

Pardew was very complimentary about us today, are us fans being overly critical about the performance?

Pardew was right, it was a decent performance. We should have put them to the sword in the first half, Gabby should be very disappointed with himself.

It was a good game of football overall between 2 good sides who will finish around each other this season.

• Like 1

Lost 5 out of his last 6 ?

I just don't see where this confidence he is the man for the job is coming from.

Come off it. Does what he did before the end of last season count for nothing?

Yeah - I forgot us rocketing up the table.....a surge of.....one place was it ?

Again, had Sherwood underperformed last season I'd be one of the first to call him on it.

If you can't see the improvement in the team between Paul Lambert leaving and the end of the season then I'm astonished.

I'd be more inclined to say you were being deliberately critical to cause an argument.

• Like 2

Lost 5 out of his last 6 ?

I just don't see where this confidence he is the man for the job is coming from.

Come off it. Does what he did before the end of last season count for nothing?

Yeah - I forgot us rocketing up the table.....a surge of.....one place was it ?

That's irrelevent. We were on our way down and we stayed up because of him.

So in your opinion he has done a poor job from the time he took over to now?

Again, had Sherwood underperformed last season I'd be one of the first to call him on it.

If you can't see the improvement in the team between Paul Lambert leaving and the end of the season then I'm astonished.

I'd be more inclined to say you were being deliberately critical to cause an argument.

What were the results Palace away, Utd at home last season ?

How many points did we have after 3 games last season ?

Wheres the evidence that TS can take us forward ? - Most people are seeking comfort in the fact that the manager and players are all unknown to us - I don't see a jot of evidence that we won't be down the bottom this season ?

Â