The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We **** our pitch invasion up buy coming on when Sinclair scored, then coming on again in injury time, then coming on again after the whistle.

If the fans had only invaded the pitch after the final whistle no one would have made anything of it.

Absolutely. But the actions of about 100 idiots should not be allowed to sour the enjoyment of a further 32,000. Except that it was, and not just by the media. 

I, personally, am still angry at certain comments aimed at those who were on the pitch after the final whistle. Comments on this very website that were not challenged nearly enough in my opinion.    

• Like 4

Europe for me

(work there often)

Was in Lille, Switzerland & Hamburg

great for the memories.

Foreign fans are so respectful, welcoming and open.

their knowledge of "our game/teams" puts us to shame.

When did we play in Lille, Switzerland? 

Was in Hamburg myself, Also Odense and Prauge.

Maybe I'm mistaking Pre-seasons games

Lille was a 1-1

Switzerland was a game when D Dublin played Center Back

Europe for me

(work there often)

Was in Lille, Switzerland & Hamburg

great for the memories.

Foreign fans are so respectful, welcoming and open.

their knowledge of "our game/teams" puts us to shame.

When did we play in Lille, Switzerland? 

Was in Hamburg myself, Also Odense and Prauge.

Maybe I'm mistaking Pre-seasons games

Lille was a 1-1

Switzerland was a game when D Dublin played Center Back

Think Lille would've been Intertoto. Europe is a must even if only the Europa. We undervalue it in this country. What's the difference between Wed/Sat and Thurs/Sun? Nothing in my opinion. You just need to plan better it's clubs not having big enough squads to cover for both that's the issue and that's mainly financial but with the amount of money coming into the PL it should be easier for our clubs. An FA Cup win followed by a Europa campaign would raise our profile and help with any potential takeover.

We **** our pitch invasion up buy coming on when Sinclair scored, then coming on again in injury time, then coming on again after the whistle.

If the fans had only invaded the pitch after the final whistle no one would have made anything of it.

Absolutely. But the actions of about 100 idiots should not be allowed to sour the enjoyment of a further 32,000. Except that it was, and not just by the media. 

I, personally, am still angry at certain comments aimed at those who were on the pitch after the final whistle. Comments on this very website that were not challenged nearly enough in my opinion.    

I agree. The complete over-reaction by not only Villa fans on here, but fans from every club was just strange. Anyone on the pitch before the final whistle, I understand the criticism. But some of the comments made about fans being on the pitch after the game had finished was completely ridiculous. 

Edited by PieFacE

Who cares move on.  Forget about scoring points.  Those who backed Lambert to the end were wrong.  It's done now move on to better times with TS.  Enjoy being able to love football again.

No-one, absolutely no-one on here backed Lambert to the end. There were a few (myself included) thought it was too much of a risk to change up until a particular point. Once that point was reached, the fan base on here all said it was time to change. At precisely the same point (the next day) Lambert was sacked. 

My rationale for sticking with Lambert up until that point was that if we needed to bring someone else in, they still had enough time to improve things. And so it's proved. 

• Like 1

I think Sherwood is doing a really good job so far, very impressed, but I don't think that should detract from everything Lambert has done for the club.

What is that and how is it relevant to Tim Sherwood?

Saved us from relegation twice and left us with as a good of a squad that could have been expected given the budget he was afforded, during very difficult times for the club and in a period when any manager would have struggled to do much better. It's relevant to Sherwood because I don't think that just because he's won a few matches it means that Lambert is/was a bad Manager.

• Like 1

I agree. The complete over-reaction by not only Villa fans on here, but fans from every club was just strange. Anyone on the pitch before the final whistle, I understand the criticism. But some of the comments made about fans being on the pitch after the game had finished was completely ridiculous. 

I'm not really entirely sure why one is better than the other?

Don't invade the pitch.  Rocket science, it isn't.

Don't invade the pitch.  Rocket science, it isn't.

Because celebrating on the pitch is completely different to running on the pitch while a game is still in play. 

Edited by PieFacE

Don't invade the pitch. Rocket science, it isn't.

Again, what the **** has intelligence got to do with it?

Who cares move on.  Forget about scoring points.  Those who backed Lambert to the end were wrong.  It's done now move on to better times with TS.  Enjoy being able to love football again.

No-one, absolutely no-one on here backed Lambert to the end. There were a few (myself included) thought it was too much of a risk to change up until a particular point. Once that point was reached, the fan base on here all said it was time to change. At precisely the same point (the next day) Lambert was sacked. 

My rationale for sticking with Lambert up until that point was that if we needed to bring someone else in, they still had enough time to improve things. And so it's proved. 

"I think we would not have the same upturn in results that we'll get with the same man in charge. I think as it is we have more chance of getting some results to climb away from danger, whereas another manager who doesn't know the players and their strengths and weaknesses would just keep losing."

I'm having that engraved on your grave!  :)  :P  ^_^  :ph34r:

I personally didn't have a real problem with the pitch invasion at the end of game, as this happens from time to time and its not really a big deal. 

The only issue I had with it is that I think it made us look a bit small time, as we were going crazy celebrating an FA Cup quarter final win against West Brom like we had won the Champions League Final against Barcelona. Maybe its just indicative of how starved of success we have been, and I was over the moon at the result and performance like everyone else, but I did cringe a bit when watching it.

But, everyone is different, maybe I am just boring and I don't see the appeal of it - why should that stop other's from doing it, if it is good natured and in the spirit of celebration rather than hooliganism.

Having been at the game at Sunderland on the weekend, I was really glad we were quite high up in the stand (very good view to be fair), as at 4-0 and the Villa fans going mental, I was imagining another celebratory invasion!

Edited by GeordieVillan

I think Sherwood is doing a really good job so far, very impressed, but I don't think that should detract from everything Lambert has done for the club.

What is that and how is it relevant to Tim Sherwood?

Saved us from relegation twice and left us with as a good of a squad that could have been expected given the budget he was afforded, during very difficult times for the club and in a period when any manager would have struggled to do much better. It's relevant to Sherwood because I don't think that just because he's won a few matches it means that Lambert is/was a bad Manager.

I agree - I think one of the big things that will have appealed to Sherwood before taking the job is that he looked at the squad Lambert assembled and realised that it should be top half of the league.

Thats obviously a very poor reflection on Lambert's ability to motivate and organise his team - but fair play to him for buying some good players.

Edited by GeordieVillan

How is celebrating winning a game of football "small time"?

Boggles my head that. People more interested in what the neighbours might think rather than enjoying the moment. I find that far sadder.

Still, the modern game seems to be mostly about posturing to many.

• Like 1

"I think we would not have the same upturn in results that we'll get with the same man in charge. I think as it is we have more chance of getting some results to climb away from danger, whereas another manager who doesn't know the players and their strengths and weaknesses would just keep losing."

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

Keep looking after that and you'll see that a couple of weeks later I said a few times it was time to change.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

Keep looking after that and you'll see that a couple of weeks later I said a few times it was time to change.

I know, but where's the fun in reminding you of that?! ;)

How is celebrating winning a game of football "small time"?

Boggles my head that. People more interested in what the neighbours might think rather than enjoying the moment. I find that far sadder.

Still, the modern game seems to be mostly about posturing to many.

Its just my opinion mate. You think I'm sad for not wanting to enjoy the moment had I been there, I think participating made us look a bit small time - the game (and life) is about opinions, not "posturing".

And to be honest, its less about what the neighbours might think than maybe a bit of self-reflection as to how far we have fallen.

The crucial thing is though, I agree with you that there has been an over-reaction to the fact it happened at full time with regard to safety issues, the BBC coverage and the wider view of the media etc.

The Hull game everyone turned.  Before that there were still a few that backed Lambert.  Only a few mind.

It's not really that important.  Everyone has different games that makes their mind up.  The important thing is we all reached the same conclusion!

• Like 1

Â