The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I see Sherwood and it reminds me of that locker room scene in Top Gun where Ice Man is giving Maverick a bit of a grilling, even calling him 'dangerous.' Maverick (Tom Cruise) goes right into Ice Man's (Val Kilmer) personal space, pulls a 'funny face' and snaps "That's right..."

Sherwood - Maverick...

Damn, I wish I knew how to put gifs in.

92125-thats-right-ice-man-gif-Tom-Cr-JAL

• Like 3

I see Sherwood and it reminds me of that locker room scene in Top Gun where Ice Man is giving Maverick a bit of a grilling, even calling him 'dangerous.' Maverick (Tom Cruise) goes right into Ice Man's (Val Kilmer) personal space, pulls a 'funny face' and snaps "That's right..."

Sherwood - Maverick...

i do too...I could do with a few lessons from the more IT savvy posters.

Sherwood - Maverick...

i do too...I could do with a few lessons from the more IT savvy posters.

Hit the "image" button on the top of the reply box, paste in the link to the gif. Click ok.

Job's a good 'un

Or if you're on a mobile, put

[ img ]LINK[ /img ]

But without the spaces

There's a thread in the testing forum that will help you out to avoid taking this way off topic :)

I think what VillaCas meant was that we can't afford to chance an u21 player in order to bed him in.

If he's obviously going to add something to the team then fair enough, get him in. But if it's a case of give him some game time to hope he develops, now isn't really the time.

The problem was the generalised assumption that they won't be ready and will need a bedding in period purely because they are youth players. As with signings from other leagues, adaptation isn't a science. Some players can hit the ground running while others need time to adapt.

That's right...my assumption after watching plenty of U21 matches and Villa youngsters on loan is that we don't currently have anyone who could come into the first team and "hit the ground running" - Grealish is the closest but I very much doubt that he will get more than the odd 15 mins (if that)

It's a lovely fiction to imagine that we have a load of Harry Kane's and Luke Shaw's chomping at the bit but although we have some prospects there is no one going to break through this season

Hope I'm wrong but lets wait and see

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 1

I always saw him as just a really arrogant guy (well, that's kinda true). It's not always a bad thing though for someone at the helm. Given time I believe he will give Villa an identity again like we had under O'Neill. Just stay up this season and we can really kick on. Hope it's for the long term even if things haven't started out in an ideal fashion. At least he has charisma, something which we were severely lacking....

I always saw him as just a really arrogant guy (well, that's kinda true). It's not always a bad thing though for someone at the helm. Given time I believe he will give Villa an identity again like we had under O'Neill. Just stay up this season and we can really kick on. Hope it's for the long term even if things haven't started out in an ideal fashion. At least he has charisma, something which we were severely lacking....

Just out of interest what makes you think that ?

That's right...my assumption after watching plenty of U21 matches and Villa youngsters on loan is that we don't currently have anyone who could come into the first team and "hit the ground running" - Grealish is the closest but I very much doubt that he will get more than the odd 15 mins (if that)

It's a lovely fiction to imagine that we have a load of Harry Kane's and Luke Shaw's chomping at the bit but although we have some prospects there is no one going to break through this season

Hope I'm wrong but lets wait and see

Your post yesterday read more as the rather myopic overall viewpoint regarding the intoduction of youth players into a struggling team. If you just mean that this particular crop aren't good enough/ready yet then fair enough.

Â