The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood's already said that he isn't going to throwing the youngsters in, whilst we're in a relegation battle. But he'll be keeping an eye on them, one of the major reasons Randy brought him to the club I think is because of his past working with the youth at Tottenham and bringing through some of their players, if he can do that here, it'll save Lerner a lot of money.

I really hope the club gets sold in the summer.

There's no wrong time either if the manager genuinely believes that one of the U21 guys will offer something to the team that one of the senior players can't/won't.

Exactly. The current players might have experience over them but if they aren't doing the business then that experience counts for nothing.

I think what VillaCas meant was that we can't afford to chance an u21 player in order to bed him in.

If he's obviously going to add something to the team then fair enough, get him in. But if it's a case of give him some game time to hope he develops, now isn't really the time.

• Like 2

This all sounds very progressive. Lambert had some messed up hierarchy where Nzogbia started games simply because he was a senior pro - at least that was the only reason I could fathom him starting ssharles all those games...

I think what VillaCas meant was that we can't afford to chance an u21 player in order to bed him in.

If he's obviously going to add something to the team then fair enough, get him in. But if it's a case of give him some game time to hope he develops, now isn't really the time.

The problem was the generalised assumption that they won't be ready and will need a bedding in period purely because they are youth players. As with signings from other leagues, adaptation isn't a science. Some players can hit the ground running while others need time to adapt.

https://vine.co/v/O2eX0iaBzEE

Please tell me he hasn't just said that

Well if he is comparing it to the ratio of his predecessor then it is a good ratio.  :)

Glad there's optimism from the fans, but this kind of stuff is very worrying.

What did he say?

i've got no sound at work

• Like 1

https://vine.co/v/O2eX0iaBzEE

Please tell me he hasn't just said that

Well if he is comparing it to the ratio of his predecessor then it is a good ratio.  :)

Glad there's optimism from the fans, but this kind of stuff is very worrying.

What did he say?

i've got no sound at work

"Managed 1 game, scored 1 goal, that's a good ratio"

Was it a joke?

Genuine question , I can't hear it.

regardless, I think we're already dissecting press conferences to a ridiculous level.

I'm not surprised. Paul Lambert couldn't say a thing without getting ripped apart so I don't see why it would be different here.

• Like 1

I assume the question was about Villa scoring 13 in 26 games, a ratio of 1 every other game, and he was saying his ratio is 100% goals to games, taking the piss out of the question to make the point that what happened before him has nothing to do with him. Nothing to see here really

I dunno. Who cares. Agree it is ridiculous.

It wasn't a joke at all. I'll get behind him because I want Villa to do well, but that doesn't hide my opinion he is a self-important idiot. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

Â