Charlie Wijeratna

Condimentalist

To be frank it amazes me that we're now 23 years into the Premier League era and we've never appointed someone to this role before.

It is crazy.

Until the last 8 we had an autocrat who signed every cheque himself and counted every penny and even counted the sandwiches left after the players trained at BMH and asked the kitchen staff to make fewer the next day if any were left! so no not surprised - glad it's happened though!

Looks like he's got the job Fox had at Arsenal and people talked of Fox having a similar role here in terms of bringing in Sponsorship and Brand recognition. If that's now Wijeratna's job description where does that leave Fox maybe his duties are different to what some of us thought.

Looks like he's got the job Fox had at Arsenal and people talked of Fox having a similar role here in terms of bringing in Sponsorship and Brand recognition. If that's now Wijeratna's job description where does that leave Fox maybe his duties are different to what some of us thought.

Fox is CEO, not CCO.

His duties are different by definition.

• Like 2

£350k is £100k more than what Faulkner was getting paid. 

Did he really get sacked for failing to bring in sponsorship revenue?

I don't know, I just googled his name and saw this article.

I thought it was a good appointment until I saw this. Not so sure now.

Fox is CEO, not CCO.

I know that but a lot of people were talking about Fox in terms of what he could do for the club in terms of attracting Sponsorship to the club and creating revenue to help with the financial side of things. I guess based on what happened with him at Arsenal. But now it seems we have someone else to do that job.

I mean, Faulkner was CEO too, but I think he had an hand in the commercial side of things.

Edited by useless

Fox is CEO, not CCO.

I know that but a lot of people were talking about Fox in terms of what he could do for the club in terms of attracting Sponsorship to the club and creating revenue to help with the financial side of things. I guess based on what happened with him at Arsenal. But now it seems we have someone else to do that job.

I mean, Faulkner was CEO too, but I think he had an hand in the commercial side of things.

Fox will still be a part of that though, he just won't be doing the leg work.

Think of it as employing a manager to get a team playing more attacking football. He won't be on the pitch doing the attacking, but he'll be ultimately responsible for it.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ the usual negativity at almost every and anything from some on here. People get sacked sometimes for many reasons, circumstances etc. Sometimes it could be fown to timing, the team you work with/for, available possibilities etc. Doesnt mean they never go on to do well again. The guy has a good track rdcord aside from Tottenham. Get over it!

• Like 2

To be frank it amazes me that we're now 23 years into the Premier League era and we've never appointed someone to this role before.

It is crazy.

Until the last 8 we had an autocrat who signed every cheque himself and counted every penny and even counted the sandwiches left after the players trained at BMH and asked the kitchen staff to make fewer the next day if any were left! so no not surprised - glad it's happened though!

Yeah, good point mate!

We continue to act like the club I want us to be behind the scenes. We're bringing in the right roles and showing the right intentions in certain areas.

Which completely baffles me why we continue to stick with Lambert.

I said it another thread a while back, there's a lot to get behind in our current set up and the way we're planning for the future.

Its just unfortunate that I see the owner and manager making it much more difficult than it should be for us to succeed.

• Like 1

This guy was involved with the biggest commercial Olympics success ever. This guy obviously knows how to sell and tie things into brands. 

A good appointment. Spurs wanted £20m per year stadium sponsorship?

jog on, no wonder he failed the task. 

I suppose we can get £10m per year then on that basis. 

Working for Levy is pretty much impossible. The guy sounds like he wants ultra control on everyone. Guy must be in footballs top 10 clearing in the woods. 

Bringing in big sponsorship deals can take months, so I don't expect him to achieve anything until July.

• Like 1

This guy was involved with the biggest commercial Olympics success ever. This guy obviously knows how to sell and tie things into brands. 

A good appointment. Spurs wanted £20m per year stadium sponsorship?

jog on, no wonder he failed the task. 

I suppose we can get £10m per year then on that basis. 

Working for Levy is pretty much impossible. The guy sounds like he wants ultra control on everyone. Guy must be in footballs top 10 clearing in the woods. 

Bringing in big sponsorship deals can take months, so I don't expect him to achieve anything until July.

We have much more potential than Spurs!

Â