The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

It did provide the greatest sentence of the campaign:

'Ed Miliband has unveiled a giant stone slab inscribed with Labour’s six election pledges'.

Genuinely surreal.

Not joking but when I glanced at this headline on the BBC etc, I genuinely thought it was just an internet meme or something until I bothered to read the article. The spin doctors behind all this never cease to amaze me sometimes. How can you be so out of touch???

Edited by Spoony

Tory 281

Labour 267

Liberal Democrats 26

UKIP 1

Green 0 here's hoping but I think Lucas will keep her seat as she appears to have successfully distanced herself from the unpopular greens in Brighton council

SNP 51

Something as seriously gone wrong somewhere if I am predicting the Tories to get more seats than you mate :) You just erring on the side of caution? Based on your predication the Tories, plus DUP, UKIP and perhaps the Lib Dems would still be way short.

Anyone genuinely think a party will get an overall majority.? I wonder what odds you'd get a lot as it seems a long shot if the polls are to be believed.

The way things are looking the days after the election are likely to be way more interesting then the weeks preceding it.

I looked at a few predictions and then went sorta in the middle and added a few for luck ... Not very scientific I know :)

I'm thinking that with so many anti tory parties out there that we may see some tactical voting on the day that will also hit the Tory vote ( and Possibly Clegg )

Edited by tonyh29

Apparently polls in that Scottish Labour leaders seat, Jim Whatshisface are predicting just that Tony. Tories will be voting Labour to attempt to block the SNP

I'd have thought the Tories would rather have an SNP winner rather than Labour ? I.e One more labour seat puts them 1 closer to a coalition with the lib dems etc without having to dance to the SNP tune

Ps - Scottish Hearald has an article with the SNP candidate asking Tories to vote for her to help her best Jim Whatshisface !!

Edited by tonyh29

Apparently polls in that Scottish Labour leaders seat, Jim Whatshisface are predicting just that Tony. Tories will be voting Labour to attempt to block the SNP

I'd have thought the Tories would rather have an SNP winner rather than Labour ? I.e One more labour seat puts them 1 closer to a coalition with the lib dems etc without having to dance to the SNP tune

Its Scotland, Torys don't want an independant Scotland, especially Scottish Tories.

Not sure what to do, have concerns with all the parties really. Major one currently being Labour borrowing us in to oblivion again claiming the good times. However, seems to change from day to day, i'll hate the Tories tomorrow, Lib Dems day after etc...

Not sure what to do, have concerns with all the parties really. Major one currently being Labour borrowing us in to oblivion again claiming the good times. However, seems to change from day to day, i'll hate the Tories tomorrow, Lib Dems day after etc...

I'm no Labour supporter but did you realise that this Tory Govt has borrowed more than every Labour Govt ever, combined.

• Like 2

The local Labour candidate knocked on my door and had a good chat with me. Mid Worcestershire is a safe Tory seat unfortunately, general elections seem almost pointless here, it's been conservative for years.

Edited

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 1

The local Labour candidate knocked on my door and had a good chat with me. Mid Worcestershire is a safe Tory seat unfortunately, general elections seem almost pointless here, it's been conservative for years.

Edited

Dunno if you're in Bromsgrove but it's massively Tory. I keep telling everyone I know that if you're not voting conservative then it's pointless to tactical vote so may as well vote for whatever you want. It'd be nice to see Sajid Javid get kicked out but it's not happening.

CERYUXjWIAANFvc.jpg

for the last god damned time -

winning the most seats, or coming in 'first place', has sod all to do with legitimacy, especially considering only a handful of seats actually matter - because of this stupid **** electoral system - it's about who can control the house of commons. governing 'blocs' happen in a great deal of modern democracies, there is nothing illegitimate about it. now stop **** lying, you sacks of shit.

• Like 2

I'm no Labour supporter but did you realise that this Tory Govt has borrowed more than every Labour Govt ever, combined.

But unemployment is down, economy is improved, jobs created (whether they are zero hours), crime down from five years. Had that not been the case that point would be valid

Edited

Dunno if you're in Bromsgrove but it's massively Tory. I keep telling everyone I know that if you're not voting conservative then it's pointless to tactical vote so may as well vote for whatever you want. It'd be nice to see Sajid Javid get kicked out but it's not happening.

Sajid Javid is my MP. He was 'parachuted in' by Conservative head office to replace the disgraced Tory MP, Julie Kirkbride. There was a significant campaign by the local Conservatives who objected to having a candidate forced upon them when they already had a local candidate. The local tories accused their own party of 'tokenism' and made it clear that the new boy from HQ was unwelcome. Many of their objections seemed to boil down to unashamed racism. Despite all that, Javid was elected as the replacement Conservative MP. I think it says more about the traditional voting of the area than the quality of the candidate.

The Mid-Worcestershire constituency spreads from the north-west (Wyre Forest) to the south-east (Cotswolds) of the Bromsgrove constituency and is even more tory as my area.

Wonder what would cause a bigger rage meltdown on VT, Tory majority or Villa going down? ;)

I'm expecting and can handle a Tory majority - I just want UK politics (and Tory press) to accept that coalitions are here to stay and grow up and accept that being first in a flawed electoral system has very little to do with forming a legitimate workable government.

The current sinister narrative undermines democracy and no self-respecting citizen should stand for it.

• Like 2