The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

• 1 month later...
Just now, Chindie said:

I suppose this being Russia the other option is 'who was on board the St. Petersburg Metro today that Putin didn't like?'.

Putin was in town when it happened and a second bomb was defused at a different station.

Could be a political motive.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I suppose this being Russia the other option is 'who was on board the St. Petersburg Metro today that Putin didn't like?'.

There were protests against corruption/Putin all across Russia in the last week or so. While he remains overwhelmingly popular domestically it's good to remind people why they need a strong leader. 

Witnesses have reported a briefcase bomb being placed in a carriage by a man who then moved to another carriage before detonation, so a small but relatively powerful device was used and no follow up attack. 

Not the usual Islamist MO. 

Also worth remembering the bombing campaign against Moscow apartment blocks that began the second Chechen war was later pinned firmly on the FSB by Western intelligence agencies. 

Who the Russians finger as being responsible will be interesting. 

I take what Russian agencies say with not so much add a pinch of salt, more the entire annual global consumption.

If Putin gets something out of it, it's immediately suspect IMO.

52 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well the picture released as the suspect certainly points to Islamic terrorism.

I can imagine Donald Trump rubbing his hands with glee if it turns out to be Islamic terrorism.  It'd almost be as if him and Putin were mates, and Putin needs to get some more support for Trump so he can maintain his grip on the White House.

Or it could have been Islamic terrorism.  It's sad that both are equally plausible at this stage.

BBC are reporting that there has been an air strike on the hospital, where they're treating people caught up in the Syrian chemical attacks. Absolutely despicable, if true.

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just been into sainsburys and seen Scotch Eggs. No mention of Easter, just Scottish propaganda, disgusting, won't shop there again.

We've been through this before Worrel-Thompson, it's only shopping when you pay for stuff.

• Like 1

Â