The VT Deadpool 2015

bickster

Yep , very sad; an excellent rock bass player. Always loved the way that the bass dropped in and out on 'Alright Now'. It could be argued that much of "Frees" success was down to the interaction between his bass and Simon Kirke's drumming.

Another excellent  bass player passed away this week; Mike Porcaro from Toto; his brother, the brilliant Jeff Porcaro is one of my favourite drummers - up there in talent with Gadd.

Edited by veloman

RIP Shaw Taylor - Keep em peeled fella.

The presenter of ITV's Police 5, which ran for 30 years, has died.

Shaw Taylor pioneered the use of the public to help solve crimes by contacting the programme, which he fronted from its launch in 1962.

He was 90 and died at his home in Totland, on the Isle of Wight, on Wednesday, with his partner Shirley Ferrari by his side.

Mr Taylor became famous on the programme with his catchphrase "keep 'em peeled".

Jackie Trent - songwriter with former husband Tony Hatch - pegs out at 74

Wrote hits for Petula Clarke, Frank Sinatra, Scott Walker, Shirley Bassey, Stoke City and plenty more besides but in the end they end they were best known for the theme to Neighbours (which would have been called Ramsey Street had they not penned that as the theme tune)

• Like 1

Jackie Trent - songwriter with former husband Tony Hatch - pegs out at 74

Wrote hits for Petula Clarke, Frank Sinatra, Scott Walker, Shirley Bassey, Stoke City and plenty more besides but in the end they end they were best known for the theme to Neighbours (which would have been called Ramsey Street had they not penned that as the theme tune)

Totally off topic, but my Nan's dog used to howl when ever he heard the theme tune to Neighbours. Not even just when it was on TV, he'd howl if you sang it too. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

RIP John Renbourn. Won't mean much to many VTers, but one of the finest guitarists of his generation.

JOHN RENBOURN - White House Blues - 1971 - Conte…: http://youtu.be/fJTcLojk01w

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

R.I.P Rosco P Coltrane :(

Dukes of Hazzard actor James Best, who played bumbling Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane in the hit show, has died aged 88.

Best passed away on Monday after a short battle with pneumonia.

Absolutely adored the Dukes of Hazzard when I was a kid.

• Like 1

My Nan's dog was named after Rosco P Coltrane (the one that used to howl to the Neighbours theme tune - see a few posts up). If someone has got a link to throwing themselves up the front door, when anyone opened the front gate, or growling at anyone wearing gloves, I'd be pretty worried!  

Â